Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post I will be remembering you all.

Hi i know i am posting this early , but i dont know when i be on the comp again.

This is in memory of September the 11th.
    My cousin is Fireman here in U.K. and i know how he felt after that dreadful day.
    Here is the true Picture thats in my Avatar.

I be thinking of you all across the pond.
    Regards
    C.J.

Sorry thought the picture come out bigger. Its called Fireman with 2 Angels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

Re: I will be remembering you all.

My thoughts will be with all as well.
    You're avatar shows more of the tragedy most people involved had to deal with
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

Very nice, CJ. Very nice.
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

What were you doing that day when you found out?

I remember turning on the TV just minutes before the second plane hit, and watching it live from that point forward.

Called clients, canceled all appointments and watched television (NBC) as it all unfolded...

As a resident of New York state, it was awfully close to home.

Thanks CJ!!!

I came out of my martial arts class and the guy at the front desk told me that a plane had just hit one of the world trade center towers
    when I went down to the corner, there was a clear view down fifth ave - it looked like a slash in the building - nothing much really, and I wondered where the actual plane had gone
    I went down the avenue to run some errands in the village and when I came back from a detour on 12th st the second plane had hit and things suddenly changed a lot - a lot
    they became very noisy and very weirdly quiet all at once
    Jeff was supposed to meet me and there was a chance that he was stuck on some train in lower manhattan
    phone did not work, subways - well ultimately not, traffic . . .
    there was a woman stuck in a car pointed downtown on 5th ave screaming "my child is down there"
    I started walking, trying to remember whether the manhattan bridge has a walkway and then concluding it didn't matter
    I was walking against the stream of people coming up from lower manhattan with dazed looks, some barefoot with torn stockings
    there were people clustered around cars with news radio running, sirens everywhere
    by the time I go to the bridge my bag with the squashes seemed heavy, but I decided that this was no time to leave behind a bag of food - who knew where this was headed
    on the bridge the stream of people was headed the same way as I was
    I walked next to a man who had been on the 94th floor of the building that got hit first and he talked about the people who'd needed to finish up some more paper work and the ones hanging around to look up at the building . . . the ones he had urged to leave right away
    on the other side of the bridge there was a brief rumour of bus service and there were churches handing out water to the thick stream of people pouring off the bridge
    after another mile or so up flatbush ave I turned into a store front vet office to beg use of their bathroom
    their cat snuck in with me and rubbed against my leg and I started shaking and tears started streaming down my face
    it's a little blurry after that, but I do know I kept walking and I must have somehow connected with Jeff, or maybe I walked to the apartment, I don't know - somehow I got home three hours after setting out across the bridge
    I remember the crazy owner of Mikhaila's child care telling us that this was all the result of excess sugar consumption, and going for thai food, and having these shaking spells with tears streaming down my face
    I remember all the fighter jets in the sky and wondering how, with all this display of military might, they were thinking of catching smart bad fearless people with simple tools such as box cutters
    I remember days and days, looking out of the window of our little temporary sixth floor apartment, seeing that fire across and then the smoldering for a long time, with the smoke headed in our direction for much of it

oops
    that turned out a bit longer than planned - sorry
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dekaybrown View Post
    What were you doing that day when you found out?

I was on my way to work(Home Depot), it was a very quiet morning on the way, i noticed it was like dead on the streets. I walked in, one of my co workers, was like you have to clock in & see what is happening.

I was in total shock... we had tv's on & we all took turns watching them. It was a very sad day! My daughter was in 1st grade, they had their school pictures taken that day too.

I was worried about my Mother, who worked in Washington,DC * IRS * they were told to go home. She worked up the street from the Capitol.
    Very very sad day!!!

Thanks CJ !!!
    Stephanie

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Aundrea's Avatar

I was living in Arizona at the time so we were 3 hours behind and still sleeping. Well I was with my ex hubby at the time and my son was 2 at the time. My ex's dad kept calling and calling. I was getting pissed cuz well I was trying to sleep LOL. So finally my ex answered the phone and woke me up to tell me to go to the tv now. I was so pissed and cussing LOL.. So I went and saw. I was trying to wake up and was just in shocked. My ex went to work and I just stayed home watching tv all day long. Sad day it was. I think one of my friends came over and we watched it together.
    1 Ball Python Spenser
    2 Dekayi's Bennie, Max
    1 Ornate Boxie Turtle Lola
    1 Baby Russian Tortoise Lilly
    1 Beagle Dog Maycee

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    oops
    that turned out a bit longer than planned - sorry
    Rhea Considering that you saw this with your own eyes, I don't think anyone would have minded if your post was 3 pages long

It reminds me of the news documentaries from that day.

We have an airport 20 miles away, and my place is roughly where each plane turns around to begin final approach.

It was eerie as hell when the sky overhead fell silent then very shortly after the fighter jet patrols began moving overhead.

It was after school when I still studied to become a computer engineer. I was over at a classmate's place with a couple of friends, when one of them got a text message telling him to turn the TV on. We had been watching for a few minutes, when the second plane hit and we kept watching for several hours.

I can't say I was that shocked. Terrorist attacks in Israel, Spain, Britain, Russia, Japan and the US had been in the news throughout my entire life, even if it's not every day that you see them live on TV. It did feel a bit unreal for a while, but not for as long as I thought it would. I also remember that my first thought was that some terrorist just messed with the wrong country and that the consequences would be very, very bad for the ones responsible.

The sense of world unity born of that event was soul stirring.

For once the thoughts of WW3 were not all that scary..

All the players appeared to have joined the same team.