Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remembering 'Jewel'.

Hi Guys,

As our regular members will know, Lori's beloved dog, Jewel, was unwell possibly due to a venomous snake bite, and has since passed away. I will let Lori give you the details herself when she returns to us.

You may be aware that Lori works very hard to run an animal rescue centre in Virginia. Here is a link to her web-site:
    Home
    If you look through her site you may notice there is a 'wish list' of things the centre needs. Perhaps, out of respect for Jewel and for Lori, and if any of our members live close enough, they might be able to help with this list. Or perhaps other members living further afield might want to offer a little help in some small way, to help Lori to continue with her sterling work.

I know that one of our membership has already shown great kindness to Lori, and I salute her for that.

I'm sure many of us understand what Lori is going through just now, as we may also have lost family pets, albeit in less tragic and dramatic circumstances.

Thanks guys.
    James.

Edgy Exotic Reptiles EdgyExoticReptiles's Avatar

Re: Remembering 'Jewel'.

ill see if i can convince my mom to donate money to her resucue
    Email:reed@edgyexoticreptiles.com
    http://www.edgyexoticreptiles.com

Subadult snake

Quote Originally Posted by reed_Kamsler View Post
    ill see if i can convince my mom to donate money to her resucue
    Hey that's so very nice of you 'reed' ... I'll follow your lead ... Lori's website is very nice and the rescue farm looks wonderful ... such nice stories & pics. Must be tough to keep all of that going !

Best,
    marian

I'll make a small donation to a local animal rescue centre if that's okay.

Oh James. Darn you, you've got me all weepy again. Thank you so much. You and Marian have been absolute angels. I wish I could hug both of you in person.

I want to thank you, all of you, for all of your warm wishes and support. How many times can we say what a terrific group of people we have on this list... you all have become so important to me. Thank you guys. Truly.
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Stefan, I think that's a wonderful idea. Jewel was a very happy, fun loving, deeply affectionate dog. She was also very dignified and one of those truly good souls... I can't remember ever telling that girl "no" and certainly never yelling at her for a thing. She put up with all of the hundreds of rescue animals that came thru here for the past 9 years and she never complained. She mothered quite a few sick puppies and kittens and even a few baby goats. I think she would be very happy to know her influence spread across the seas and that you could help an animal in Finland. Thank you!!!!!!
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

"Third shed, A Success" GarterGirl's Avatar

I'm gonna see if its okay with Rhea.
    I wanna donate money too!
    MIKHAILA

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Lori, I knew you ran an animal rescue, but until I read your website, I don't think it dawned on me just how much strength and dedication it takes to do such a job. I am in awe over what you have accomplished, and if I am ever in the financial position to do so, I will be honoured to donate and help you. My daughter wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up, so I am going to show her your site, maybe it will give her ideas on things she can do and help with as she learns.
    God bless you and those who do what you do, Lori. The animals you help are eternally grateful, I'm sure.
    Anji

Subadult snake

Hello Anji ... VERY nicely said It is a great website ... It would be great if perhaps folks in the area (Virginia) could donate some of the items that are listed or arrange for such. Word of mouth can be a powerful thing ... Following is a great picture of JEWEL in happy times. She has great expression in her eyes wouldn't you say ?? Very soft & loving ...

all the best to you all ...
    marian

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Awww, she looks like the biggest sweetie on the planet. I'm crying for her all over again just looking at that picture.......
    Anji