Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ????? Rescued

Re: ????? Rescued

Quote Originally Posted by k2l3d4 View Post
    Thank you Steve... I am always looking for your posts and insights ... it seems that you know what you are talking about when it comes to Garters. Rescue and I are doing well and Hudinie and Little Dude are appearing to be more accepting of Rescue lately... Thank goodness that I am use to helping them shed. Rescues brother Little Dude always has troubles shedding too... (I wonder , can that be genetic?).......
    Oh well....
    Steve so do you concur that Rescue would be a girl?

Kady
    Thanks you for your kind words. I myself don't feel that way. As with most things I am self-taught and have a long way to go. The forum members have helped me in so many ways. There insights, knowledge and friendships are priceless. I only hope that I can continue to educate myself to provide a better life for my Garters.

As far as the sex of Rescue. I'm leaning heavily towards female but would like to see a underside photo of the tail area just to be sure.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Yeah... I have had a hard time getting pics of her tail.... modest maybe . So far the ones that I have posted up are the best tail shots that I have been able to get of her......and I understand the self taught..to a bit.... I am always shadowing this sight in hopes of finding even more information about my little ones that I did not know before....
    Lady Kady
    2.4 Ball pythons...Rios (norm), Addy (norm), Mel (norm), Little Girl (het pied), Missy (spider), and Little Guy (pied)
    1.0 columbian red tail boa.... Axel
    1.0 ferel kitten.. Junior.

Ok....Rescue is doing great. She is so sweet and such a good girl.. She is eating like a champ and doing two pinkies a sitting. I am afraid to let her have more then that...

And today she actually ate from my hand!!!!!
    I was holding one side fo the pinkie as she was eating the other.....
    She is the first of my four snakes to do that....
    It was so totally cool..
    Lady Kady
    2.4 Ball pythons...Rios (norm), Addy (norm), Mel (norm), Little Girl (het pied), Missy (spider), and Little Guy (pied)

That is great news. Glad Rescue is doing so well.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k2l3d4 View Post
    And today she actually ate from my hand!!!!!
    I was holding one side fo the pinkie as she was eating the other.....
    She is the first of my four snakes to do that....
    It was so totally cool..
    Probably the first one of them hungry enough to do so.

Now that she's eating healthy, what are the chances that she'll be able to grow to her full size potential now? Will having been on a near starvation diet keep her from attaining that now?

Quote Originally Posted by Didymus20X6 View Post
    Probably the first one of them hungry enough to do so.

Now that she's eating healthy, what are the chances that she'll be able to grow to her full size potential now? Will having been on a near starvation diet keep her from attaining that now?
    She has been eating very well since I got her a few weeks ago and she has not once refused a meal. She has done one shed with me as of yet. She has not really been too skittish with me and took right to pinkies. I have not offered her really any live food yet.
    As far as if she will grow .... I have no idea. She went her first year not growing at all due to the diet that the store had her on. I am just hoping that I can giver all the opportunity to be as healthy as she can be for her growth being stunted for so long. I hope that she can grow but if not then only time will tell.

That is a great question though...... Any thoughts from those who have more knowledge....

Would the first year of not growing and being starved stunt her growth in all or will she be able to grow now that she is on a healthy eating pattern?
    Lady Kady

Personally, I think once the steady supply of good food is offered and her growth system kicks in she'll surprize you at how fast she'll grow. If not, you'll still have a happy little scrub that now has a better life.
    Try some safe nightcrawler with her. Her system need the variety.
    Are you dusting food with a supplement? She'll need that once in awhile. I use Rep-Cal 3rd one down on the link page. I sure there other brands out there that do a good job also.Rep-Cal Supplements
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Personally, I think once the steady supply of good food is offered and her growth system kicks in she'll surprize you at how fast she'll grow. If not, you'll still have a happy little scrub that now has a better life.
    Try some safe nightcrawler with her. Her system need the variety.
    Are you dusting food with a supplement? She'll need that once in awhile. I use Rep-Cal 3rd one down on the link page. I sure there other brands out there that do a good job also.Rep-Cal Supplements
    Actually steve.... as of yet she has been on a steady diet of pinkie mice.....Her brother Little Dude and Hudinie, will only eat pinkie mice... I have tried everything that has been mentioned here for food for them but the only thing that they will eat other then mice is goldfish.... I let them have those once in a while for a treat but that is it.

Even with feeding them mice should I still use the Rep Cal stuff? I thought that mice was "whole" nutrition for the snakes.
    Lady Kady