Until a few weeks ago we owned three corn snakes. Now we own two. And we have noone but ourselves to blame! No, no, don't worry, she didn't die...we swapped her for a viv and £20. Seemed like a good idea at the time as we never seemed to really take to her since we got her for my daughter about a year ago. She was often hiding, too (being nocturnal and all) and was a little grumpy with Hannah, though she was lovely and mellow with the rest of us. So we decided to make more space for the other species we have and offered her on the reptileuk forums. Someone close by came to buy her and seemed really pleased with her, said he wanted to breed from her. We realised we both knew his uncle, who went out with a friend of mine many years ago. He left me very positive feed back, which eased the little sting of letting Mombassa go a bit. I was quite surprised that I felt sad to see her go, I guess I liked her more than I realised!
The buyer promised me Mombassa's shed as she was blue when he collected her and to keep me updated on her progress. I have now sent him a couple of messages while he's been online asking how she was doing but have not had any reply. He has also taken all the corn snakes he owned out of the listing in his signature... My guess is, he's sold her on.

Hannah and I are surprised how tearful we feel about it. I have to say I now also feel kind of guilty for having let her go.