Hi, I'm New Here!

Looking for fellow Garter Keepers in the Uk .

Hi - I live in East Yorkshire and keep various species of Garters as well as various species and sub species of Indigo Snakes -
    I am looking to contact other keepers particularly in the Uk for purchases and exchanges of the more unusual species of
    Thamnophis.Also anyone know how easy it is to get snakes from the US to the Uk .
    andrewmawe@hotmail.com

Best wishes - Andy
    Best Wishes

Andy Mawe ( Uk )

Re: Looking for fellow Garter Keepers in the Uk .

You came to the right place!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Welcome to the best garter forum in the world, probably.

You can see what I've got. The Cuitzeos are closest to breeding size, the blackneck pair are less than a year old, and we don't plan on breeding from the checkereds.
    Let us know what garter species you have, I'm on the lookout for infernalis at the moment, and when we get some more room in the summer will be looking out for more of the less common species.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Andy - if you're interested in a T. equis scotti I know of one that is for sale in North Yorkshire, so not a long way from you.
    I was also having a chuckle at an optimistic person near Newbury selling a normal checkered on RFUK for £60. It won't be of interest to you, but I find it interesting that although I love our checkereds and think they are drastically underrated, I wouldnt value them at £60 (not when we bought our albino for £44 from our local reptile shop).
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Welcome to the forum family!
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

SCOUSER

Welcome from a chilly Liverpool

TODAY'S SCOUSE FACTOID
    Liverpool has produced several noted writers of horror fiction, often set on Merseyside - Clive Barker and Peter Atkins among them. A collection of Liverpudlian horror fiction, Spook Citywas edited by a Liverpool expatriate, Angus Mackenzie, and introduced by Doug Bradley, also from Liverpool.[186] Bradley is famed for portraying Barker's creation Pinhead in theHellraiser series of films. Waterstones Bookshop in Liverpool One hosts an irregular but frequent celebration of horror fiction, Twisted Tale
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

SCOUSER

Apologies for the late welcome computer keeps crashing, the good news is that this year at the donny show there will actually be garters for sale YIPPEE.
    So perhaps us Brits can all meet up say hello and have a coffee together.... of course its important that you realize being the new boy means you pick up the check....
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by PINJOHN View Post
    of course its important that you realize being the new boy means you pick up the check....
    Let me translate. Everyone else buys John's coffee.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by PINJOHN View Post
    Apologies for the late welcome computer keeps crashing, the good news is that this year at the donny show there will actually be garters for sale YIPPEE.
    So perhaps us Brits can all meet up say hello and have a coffee together.... of course its important that you realize being the new boy means you pick up the check....
    Yep, the Donny show should have some interesting garters. Even if they all get reserved ahead of the day, and are only found on the CrazyReptiles table. You never know, there's an undercurrent of garter enthusiasts in UK herp circles, other breeders may get some garters on their tables too.
    Chris