SCOUSER

couple of suggestions

when looking/enjoying photos put up by members i sometimes have doubts about just which type of garter i am looking at, is it an eastern? is it a butlers?, and so on, how much more confusing is it then for our guests who may be relatively new to garters or just unaware of how many species/sub species there actually are,
    even when our post is directed at a particular member who doesn't need it spelt out for them it should be remembered that they will not be the only one reading said post, and a quick glance at the who's on line will reveal that the members are almost always outnumbered by our guest's/future members. it really would be nice to get into the habit of never posting a picture without identifying the said snake no matter how obvious its identity is to you.
    NEXT ONE
    when looking at the profile of some members they are unbelievably sparse in any detail, it helps to build up a picture of each other when a little detail of yourself is given, we don't want your bank details just a little padding out of your like's or dislikes, family, or other pets, perhaps you have some unusual talent, i for instance put aside my natural modesty to reveal in several posts my absolutely stunning resemblance to George clooney, so come on get back to those profiles and add a little flesh.
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: couple of suggestions

Good points John. I can sometimes guess the snakes, but I would never have recognised you at Donnie if you hadn't told us you looked like George Clooney.
    I've updated my profile. I tend to be a bit vague online, but because everyone is so nice on here I've even included my bank account details.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Good point about identifing the specific garter snakes.
    Some of it may be the fact the a particular thread my I.D the snakes in the beginning but your point is valid.

As far as sharing info. I think each person has a comfort level on just how much they are willing to put out on the net.

Thanks John for bringing this issue out.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Preparing For Second shed" Char361979's Avatar

I have updated my profile.... God I'm dull.

I've learned quite a bit on identifing garter snakes, It took me a while to get the confusion out of my system on telling the difference between red-sided because some are white and normal radix.. and I still say there is an eastern plains garter, a small part in iowa. I remember seeing a video of a guy doing research on them.

As for my profile, I used to give alot more detail but then slowly started trimming back the detail. My whole life has been goals and achievments. I had a season of being a pro athlete ($10960 tax free ) It was at the point where people started calling me a braggart. It was all I ever done and trained for, I didn't deserve name calling, I was just extremely good at it. Was always one of those persistant ones that kept trying until I got it right, then kept trying to become better... I had a 10 speed racing bike that I tried so hard to max out the speed and got 49 kph (30.625) but on my skates in 2009 I hit 58.1 kph (36.4). To this day I am the only manitoban inline skater that has been able to soar past 50kph. It feels absolutely amazing when you hit those speeds, nothing else matters in the world... My family hasn't even seen me at my top speed. I've won national and international races. National Records and Provincial records in every distance indoor and outdoor (300, 500, 1000, 3000, 5000, 10000) I have a video of the a 5000m race and half way through I absolutely took off.
    Other stuff I've done was collect stamps, coins, built model cars and dragsters. Played darts, hockey & sponge hockey. I do swimming, running, biking, aerobics. I tried my hand at springboard diving, judo, pogo stick. I've played many instruments mainly the trombone and tuba, but found in my high school years that learning an instrument to the high school level only took me days, that was the beginning of discovering how my memory works, grades 11 and 12 my grades shot up 25% to get an A average by graduation. I graduated with a best performance band award and 3 athletic awards.

I'm 27 years old, 6'1'' and 170 pounds... I've even high jumped my height

I'll stop now, do you think that is bragging or just listing achievments?
    0.0.1 - Thamnophis Radix
    1.1.0 - Thamnophis Marcianus / 1.1.3 - Albino

SCOUSER

Good god kantar please remind me never to challenge you to any contest, i have by coincidence just finished watching a episode of ALPHAS are you sure you are not one of them and no i don't consider that bragging, if i was able to do just a small part of those things they would have to call the fire brigade to get me of the roof, i would be up there shouting to the world about my achievements.
    hopefully our fellow members will come forward to share a little more about themselves, i am not without some athletic skills myself, why just this afternoon my wife was unable to get the top off a jar of pickles i took control of the situation after about two minutes i managed to succeed where she had failed so miserably[who's the man] just one question, with your background why garters shouldn't you be keeping racers
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

It's not bragging when it's fact.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    As far as sharing info. I think each person has a comfort level on just how much they are willing to put out on the net.
    Yes, I used to be VERY open about way too much.

I hide NOTHING from people I trust, But much like my facebook page, I no longer just put my personal life out in the open for everyone to examine.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

My dad raised me with "put a false birth date" paranoid-ness so I've never been all that open with public info...