Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Naughty Northwestern

I've posted about Squirt and thumbelina having mouth infections and they've been doing good. Thumbelina's mouth is getting its usual pink colour and she's no longer got any swelling, but Squirt is really giving me trouble. I simply wanted to check on him and make sure he was okay and then put a little medicine on his mouth for today... He musked, he pooped and he bit me a total of 30 times in different areas. I have 20-30 little red marks all over my left hand and he bit me multiple times on most of those. He's really been letting me know that he doesn't appreciate the help. You can even see a murderous look in his little golden eyes, his usual big bright golden eyes go to a darker colour and his pupils contract a lot right before he bites me. it's almost like he's posessed. He's such a naughty little Northwestern!
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Re: Naughty Northwestern

Serves you right disturbing him the way you do.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Well, maybe he shouldn't have bothered his girlfriend and stole her place on the tree. She wouldn't have bit his mouth if he hadn't. Then he wouldn't be in this mess. Of course, I don't blame him for being a bit pissy when his mouth is probably hurting really bad and he has to get a q-tip rubbed around his mouth with medicine...
    I don't think I deserved the swollen, itchy and very sore hand that I got from his biting, though. It also doesn't help that he smeared his poop in the bites.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    It also doesn't help that he smeared his poop in the bites.
    Consider it a poultice. He was only trying to help.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Yes, trying to help by infecting it so I could never pick him up again.
    Chantel

He's done it again and this time, I have video of his naughtiness. I had to reformat my pc so I cant edit the video and post it right now, but I will when I have time.
    Squirt was just a little bit more cooperative this time, he actually opened his mouth for me to rub the q-tip in there.
    I also found a cure to my garter saliva sensitivity, lavender oil. I've always known lavender oil to have antibacterial properties, but I never really thought that I'd be using it to ease the swelling and completely take away my problems. My whole hand was purple and swollen last night and a couple drops of lavender oil on the bites stung a little bit and within minutes, it was like a miracle cure. No pain, no itching and the swelling was completely gone. Looks like Squirt won't be winning this time with the biting, though he did actually make me bleed quite badly this time.
    Chantel

Squirt didn't bite this time, he just let me do it. I seem to have broken his spirit for now. He latched onto my finger for about 5 seconds then let go and didn't fuss after that. His mouth is also turning back to it's usual pinkish colour.
    After getting the medication in his mouth and a little dab of ointment on his mouth, he got a little neck rub from my mom and I before being put back in his enclosure. He seemed to be more calm and didn't try rubbing the ointment off of his mouth this time.
    Chantel

Poor Chantel! Selena just squirms for a bit and then droops over and plays dead! It is tricky putting medicine on their little mouths. It's good to hear about the lavender oil...I'm glad something is helping...I'm going to try that when my cat scratches me and I get severely allergic. I really hope your snakies are okay! Tell them I said to give you a break!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Lavender oil is great for a lot of things. Especially anxiety and sleep disorders. I use it in an oil burner in my room at night. A few drop is all it takes to get me relaxed. It also helps with headaches. It has a lot of wonderful uses... Only downside is that it can be a bit expensive. I paid 9 dollars for an ounce of it, but for everything it can be used for, I'd say it's really worth it.

I told Squirt that you said to give me a break and he coiled himself up and struck at me. He's such a naughty little guy, I cant help but laugh at him.
    Chantel

I was showing Squirt to my real mom, she went to let him slither onto her hand and I put my hand near hers... Squirt wouldn't have it. He coiled up, flattened his head and did this... I don't even know. You know when you get frustrated at something and you feel like lifting your head up and screaming at the ceiling? That's what Squirt did before latching onto my finger. My mom didn't want anything to do with Squirt after that, she thought he was possessed! Haha.
    Thumbelina's mouth is all better now but I'm going to put one more application of the medicine on it and let her stay one more night before putting her back with her buddies.
    Squirts mouth improved quite a lot, but he still has a very deep red side of his mouth. I almost want to say that part hasn't improved at all. I feel bad for him since he really hates me for putting the medicine on it twice daily, but I don't want his mouth to get worse.
    Chantel