Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Funny Thing Happened

How about a thread for some of those things we see our snakes do that crack us up. I'll get it started.

Tonight I was having some trouble getting to sleep so I went to the big snake room and got on the forum. Many of my adults came out to see what was going on and to beg for some food. I grabbed a few worms and the big girls polished them off in record time.
    I then returned to the forum but kept an eye on the girls. They were out cruising around in the hopes I would give them more worms. It was then I noticed LG(she's the one that just had babies) going into the cold hide. I opened the enclosure and started scratching her sides. Her head was in the hide and she had no idea what was going on. She came out of the other end and swung around to see who was touching her. She was mad and wanted to kick somebodies butt. Then she turned to me and just glared. I busted out laughing which seemed to irritate her. She took off in a shot and went to the warm hide.
    This was just what I needed at the end of the day. I think I can go get some sleep now. Thanks LG.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Re: A Funny Thing Happened

oh wow i gotta wait till i get home to answer to this...i got some pics to upload
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

The two normal easterns that live over my TV on top of the entertainment stand will follow fingers dragged along the glass.

They both have a strict "hands off policy" however they will interact with you all day and half the night as long as you never actually touch either of them.

As soon as contact is made, they freak out and act like a wild caught getting picked up for it's first time.

set either one down and wait a minute, they zip right over and start investigating again.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Mine's like that too Wayne!
    He will also climb up the side of the tank until he's on the tip of his tail, leaning against the wall, stay like that for a while, then fall over into his water bowl. He acts almost embarrassed.

He'll also strike at the fish in the reflection...and loves my doorknob

I think I'm going to like this thread.
    Seeing the happiness and joy that they bring us is one of the most important reasons I keep them. They really do make us feel better. For some, in an evil way.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

About an hour ago I was sitting next to my babies tank watching them and waiting for my painkiller to kick in (sever lower back pain... pain in the behind ) and Tiny was in one of the cool sides hides and she came out looking like she meant business. Runt and Snap were cuddling under the lamp on their little "tree", Tiny's favourite spot had been covered by Snap. Tiny opened her mouth and literally charged at Snap and Runt and scared them off of the tree. It was hilarious considering both Runt and Snap are over 5 times the size of Tiny and Snap is usually the big "toughy" of the enclosure. Needless to say, Tiny has been protecting her little spot and darting at Snap when she comes up on the tree
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

My Liophis are like this!!!! Very very curious! But don't touch one! They can make themselves disappear so quickly, you might forget there was even a snake there to begin with.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

checker loved attention at school ill post pics (no stressing i only had him out for a little bit at a time the rest of the time he was in my jacket covered cage!) he did crazy things...but made it clear its a once in a while thing....he usually is exploring his cage or escape routes when i wake up....needless to say he was burried under a lot of aspen probably because i didnt see him.

growing up is optional "

One of my more wild female radixes is a girl named "Shade" She got that name because of the gray shading in her face. She has always been jumpy to say the least. Moving her in with some of my other girls has calmed her down immensely.
    She still is jumpy and wants to be in charge. The other day she was out, as usual so I opened the enclosure to talk with her. She came right over to me but bolted away as I reached for her. She made a loop around the warm hide and came right back to me. I reached for her again and she took off once more. Around the hide she went and back to me.
    I had enough of this game so I turned my attention to one of my other girls, all the time watching Shade out the corner of my eye. While holding and rubbing the other girls back Shade climbed onto my arm and into my hand. I continued to ignore her. Now she was staring me down. I set the other snake down and picked her up.
    For the first few moments she sat there like a lady. Then she shot out of my hands and the game was on again.
    I had to laugh at the mind game she was playing on me.
    She clearly won. She's a smart girl and a leader in that group.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

"clever girl" -(dead) hunter jurassic park

growing up is optional "