Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blisters

Blisters

Hey everyone,
    I am hoping someone here can help. My adult girl in only a few days has gotten about 8 to 12 bumps along the length of her body. One is particularly large and looks to be puss filled. A part of me wants to pop it and remove some of the infection but another part says to wait and find out what it is.
    It came on very fast. She is alone. She has lost her appetite and her cage doesn't appear to be overly moist nor does she soak too much. Most appear just under the skin and on the sides except for the one that is huge.
    I have pics but don't know how to post them so I will if someone can help out there it would help here. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mike

Re: Blisters

Pics. would be great and it could very well be an issue for a Vet. Antibiotics might be called for.
    A bath in a weak tea looking Betadine water solution can't hurt. Be sure the snakes head is kept above the water so that it doesn't drink any.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Subadult snake

could this possibly be a failed shed and the "puss" is feces that got trapped under the skin?

hard to say without pics but I am trying to think of things a little less serious

to add pics you need to use a different website, upload them there and copy and paste the img. link to your post here. I use photobucket.com; if i can do this you certainly can as I am not good with computers.

goodluck

Banned

Fluid-filled blisters can turn life-threatening in a hurry. http://www.reptileexpert.co.uk/BlisterDisease.html

A vet might be necessary. For clear fluid filled blisters brought on by unsanitary/wet conditions, correcting the conditions and treating with betadine solution has worked for me in the past but once the fluid goes cloudy with a bacterial infection antibiotics are necessary.

Here's the pics

I don't suggest using a differnt website for your photos. The gallery on this forum works great and gives you a one stop location when creating or posting to threads.
    I hope this helps
    Go to the gallery tab on the homepage
    Once on the gallery page click on "upload photos" which is right under the log out button.
    Then click on the browse button and locate your photo to upload. Once it shows up on the browse line you can load another(5 photos at a time)
    Once you have them loaded on the browse lines click on the Upload/submit button.
    Sometimes they will be loaded directly to a folder on your gallery page and sometimes you will have to hit the upload button again to confirm these are the photos you want uploaded.
    Once they are in your gallery you can double click on individual photos to open it in the gallery. It will show you that photo with a few thumbnail photos above. If you want to place a photo in a thread you have two options. I use the first one.
    Highlite the entire UBBcode.
    Then hold down your CTRL key and hit the letter "C"(copy). This will copy your photo to the clipboard.
    Now, go to the thread you want to place the photo in. Make sure your curser is in the place where you want the photo. Hold down the CTRL key and hit the "P"(paste) key. The UBBCode will now appear in the thread.
    If you want to see your photo click on the thread preview button.

The other way is to click on the "Save to clipboard" button that is just below and at the end of the UBBcode on your gallery page. Then go to your thread, place the curser and do a paste(CTRL+"C" key)
    It may take a few times to get it right but it really is best to have your photos on the forum.
    Some members have had trouble with storing them here but I've not had any problems, yet
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

I don't think those are blisters. I think that snake needs to shed. Put it in a shed box or give it a bath in lukewarm water. She's very dull looking and I think you will find that is moister trapped behind the old skin. I've seen it many times in my snakes.
    15 minutes from now you could have a shinny new looking snake.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

Banned

Holy crud! I don't think that's your typical blister disease. That looks like it started inside and worked it's way out from deep within. Yikes. Can't give advice in this case. That snake is in serious condition and needs a vet.

The snake just needs to shed steve? I see a friggen crater in it's side. The other bumps probably go that deep as well. They aren't just under the skin, they're under the scales and in the flesh.

http://www.petplace.com/reptiles/lum...kes/page1.aspx

Your first photo clearly shows healthy scales and skin behind the old shed. Look how dull she is. That's moister behind the old shed. A warm bath will start the old shed off.
    It look exactly like an old shed situation. A warm bath will tell you whether it's a shed issue or something else.
    Whatever the situation a warm bath won't hurt her.
    This is just my opinion.
    Last edited by guidofatherof5; 05-31-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

C-man it's not a crater. It's a large pimple like thing and it seems to be growing. I put polysporin on and cleaned her home. Only a small bowl of water and papertowels now. I think it's best if I find her a vet tomorrow