Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Third shed, A Success" prattypus's Avatar

Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo

Today was my first foray into the world of the reptile shows. Holy crap there are alot of ball pythons out there.

I only saw 1 table with garters, so I snagged them- two regular checkereds, and an albino. The albino and one of the regs are from the same litter, and were born in August- the other was from last May.

I also got some corns from the same table- So many het labels were thrown at me- I also am no longer able to claim to have never been bitten by a snake. One of the corns was exploring my hand, opened slowly and decided to start chewing.

It was a blast, and can't wait for the one in August.
    Jason--
    Red 5 Standing By...

Re: Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo

Sounds like a fun time! What kind of corns did you get? Congrats on all your new additions!
    Too many snakes! 15 species and counting. 2.2 plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.1 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics

"Third shed, A Success" prattypus's Avatar

Thanks,

Yeah, it was a good time, and the people there were really friendly. I did see some insect and spider booths, and a sugar baby-

I am not sure the morphs of the corn snakes. I have two reddish orange ones, and one that's gray with darker grey spots. They are quite a bit different to the touch than the garters- almost silky like. I'll post some pics as soon as my camera charges-
    Jason--
    Red 5 Standing By...

Cool! I've never been to a reptile show yet, there's one in Utah I want to try to get to this year. It is usually sometime in Sept. or Oct. though.
    Once you get pictures up, I can probably I.D. their morphs for you. I'm not really an expert but I can I.D. all of the more common ones. As long as it's not a triple or quadruple trait animal! LOL
    Too many snakes! 15 species and counting. 2.2 plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.1 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics

would be nice to have more than one show a year..... they are fun!!

the Wasatch Reptile Expo is October 2nd and 3rd. I will have a booth there!!!

"Preparing For First shed"

I go to the Northwest captive reptile breeders expo in Puyallup WA every year and there's never many garter snakes and tonnes of ball pythons and corns. Most I've seen was one year somebody had a tank with maybe a dozen little eastern garters in it and as much as I've seen people snub their noses at Garter keepers they were gone within an hour of the guy setting them up on his table.

Banned

The nose snubbers are just ignorant. Can't really blame them. They are just sadly misinformed. They still think garters are just "garbage" snakes. Might change their minds if someone like me were to show up with 3 or 4 concinnus morphs and albino radixes, or someone like scott showed up with his intense flames and albino red-sideds. There's still a huge number of reptile breeders and keepers that just have no idea about the garter morphs and garter breeders out there. People I tell about and show them this site and pics of all the morphs are completely surprised. They had no idea.

I have worked at the Wasatch Reptile Expo for the last 4 years with the Utah Reptile Rescue. I showed my garters there and surprised a lot of people!! I told them thing are more colorful outside of utah I will have my own booth there this year and will be showing off all sorts of garters!!!

Don, did they have any crested geckos there last year, did you notice? I really want to try & get there this year. Ive got my own car now & could even go by myself, though the idea of driving in Salt Lake doesn't appeal!
    Elemental Exotics

I think so...but don't remember and specific breeders. I know there are people out here that breed them, see ads on ksl.com all the time for them. yea....driving down here can be interesting to say the least.....