Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mesh enclosures

Subadult snake

mesh enclosures

hello all,

just wondering what everyones thoughts are on mesh enclosures. It seems that you can buy them just about anywhere now and i was wondering if any of you guys use them or know someone who does/did.

thanks for reading
    Tyrel

Re: mesh enclosures

I haven't used them myself, but from what I've heard, people are pretty satisfied with them, at least as temporary enclosures. I don't know if they're a substitute for a more conventional enclosure, though.

edit: I checked an old thread on another forum I use. The problems people have experienced, are connected to assembling the terrariums and keeping the right humidity and temperature.

I've considered making something similar in the past, but finding a durable enough mesh has proven to be a challenge.
    Last edited by Stefan-A; 05-06-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Subadult snake

well ive housed my corn snake in one for about 3 years now. shes doing great and getting quite big now. So i was wondering if i should invest into more into these enclosures for my garters because i tend to have to move a lot and an enclosure that can be broken down into something the size of a roll of paper towel in the matter of minutes is very helpful.

thanks for reading,
    Tyrel

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrel26 View Post
    well ive housed my corn snake in one for about 3 years now. shes doing great and getting quite big now. So i was wondering if i should invest into more into these enclosures for my garters because i tend to have to move a lot and an enclosure that can be broken down into something the size of a roll of paper towel in the matter of minutes is very helpful.

thanks for reading,
    Tyrel
    How about a couple photos, please.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Subadult snake

no problem, have them in 5mins or so

Subadult snake

ok heres a couple pics, they arent the best, but corns don't love getting their pic taken the way garters do...lol

One of the enclosure

Two of the snake

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Boy oh boy, this big ol' male snow corn I have over here would just love to meet her!

I have my carpet python in a large plastic-coated-wire type cage upstairs in my bedroom. Someone gave it to me a few weeks ago... it's a very nice cage, its big, and it has ramps and what not, a section of uncoated wire for the basking lamp to sit and a caged off section next to that for a UVB strip light to be installed if needed. She loves it in there... She has her favorite big branch and she usually is always curled up in a perfect circle on the ledge or often perches like a chondro on her branch. I never see her go down to the bottom where her hide his unless she wants a drink.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Subadult snake

I would love to breed her in the future, been considering buying her a mate....but what color?? lol

Banned

I've only used "open" type (screens instead of glass or solid walls) enclosures as basking enclosures to put my garters outside on mild (not hot or cold) sunny days so they can bask in real sunlight.(making sure they have some shade at all times) For that, they are great. I wouldn't use them as normal housing though. Humidity can get too low and my house can get drafty at times. I'd rather have a solid enclosure to hold in heat from their heat emitters. I just prefer glass with screen tops but to each his own.

I've considered this, since I own a good sized Apogee Reptarium that serves as a temporary home to the occasional foster iguana
    what worries me is that spot where the zipper ends
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain