This surprise me!

The other day, I had just received my shipment of pinkies and went about feeding the whole crew. I cut up about 4 of them and placed a dish in the squiggle house. The squiggles also live with my ribbon snake, Noodle and my Dekayi, Connor snake. I've been keeping slugs over the winter for Connor Snake because that is all he eats. I placed about 6 slugs in the enclosure for him as well.

A feeding frenzy started with the squiggles and their pinkie parts, Noodle came out as well nad the first thing he went after was a slug! I've never seen any of my garters/ribbon eat the slugs. Usually if they get one by accident, they let it go immediately as if to say "yuk". Not Noodle, he finished that slug and went for another. Then the squiggles started eating the slugs. I don't think Connor Snake even got a chance to see a slug!

Now, it's not that the snakes were waiting for food for a few days. I had been feeding this group daily.

Anybody else have their Thams go after the icky slugs intended for someone else?
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Re: This surprise me!

well I have never tried slugs on my garters or ribbons before. I did have a ribbon once that enjoyed worms... that was weird enough on it's own. There is a female eastern on my grandparents farm that will eat worms and slugs out of my hands....
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

none of my garters went for slugs the one time I tried
    and it was so messy, I didn't ever want to try again
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

I have had wanderings suck down slugs like they were going out of style! I have had a plains or 2 eat slugs also.
    when I was in high school and had my first garters (wanderings) they were eating slugs by the dozen...I would keep track of the exact time they ate each slug.

Most of my radixes will have nothing to do with slugs. I did say most, I have a few that slam them down when I offer.
    It's funny to watch a garter grab one for the first time. They either like them or spit them out. The ones that don't like them give you a look like. What was that?"
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Agreed. Usually when they accidentally get one, I get a look that says "What did you just try & feed me???" But the other day, they ate them like they were their usual dinner. I was shocked. I was telling them to put them down, they're for Connor Snake!!!
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2many View Post
    Agreed. Usually when they accidentally get one, I get a look that says "What did you just try & feed me???" But the other day, they ate them like they were their usual dinner. I was shocked. I was telling them to put them down, they're for Connor Snake!!!
    Telling them to not eat I'm sure they listen
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

They listen as well as my children
    Le Ann