Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Trouble Getting On Forum

Hey guys,

is anyone else having trouble accessing the forums? About 6 times yesterday and this morning I tried getting on and I would get an error message that the forum was not up. Then other times i try to get on, like right now and its working, I just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks!
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Old and wise snake charles parenteau's Avatar

Re: Trouble Getting On Forum

yes i have little problem I can't look unread posts since my last visit!!

"Third shed, A Success" MasSalvaje's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    Hey guys,

is anyone else having trouble accessing the forums? About 6 times yesterday and this morning I tried getting on and I would get an error message that the forum was not up. Then other times i try to get on, like right now and its working, I just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks!
    I have had the same trouble. It started with a error pop-up but now it is a tab that tells me the server is down. I did notice however that when it directs it to thamnophis.com/forum/ is when it does not let me on but if I delete the word forum it lets me on just fine.

-Thomas

"Preparing For Second shed" Quibble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasSalvaje View Post
    I have had the same trouble. It started with a error pop-up but now it is a tab that tells me the server is down. I did notice however that when it directs it to thamnophis.com/forum/ is when it does not let me on but if I delete the word forum it lets me on just fine.

-Thomas
    same thing happened to be the other day, and the same method worked.
    -Beth
    "Do not be angry, Do not worry, Be grateful, Work with diligence, Be kind to people." -Mikao Usui

Haven't had any trouble, but then again, I never leave.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MasSalvaje View Post

-Thomas
    Exactly what I am experiencing.

Yes, I had and am still having trouble. I get this using firefox or IE but ONLY when I use the address window. The same URL works fine if I click it from a google search result page. For some reason, firefox AND IE keeps adding "/forums/" to the end of "www.thamnophis.com" when I try to go there using the address window. Therein lies the problem. If I edit the address window and take off the /forums/ part, it then goes fine. Otherwise, type "www.thamnophis.com" and click to go. automatically "/forums/" is is added without my consent and I get this:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/ was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7a Phusion_Passenger/2.2.7 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.thamnophis.com Port 80

I mentioned it to boots earlier when he PM'd me but I don't know if he's fully aware that it's a problem on this forum (if it is at all)

This also happens with all the computers at the PC shop where I work. I always have to go back and take off the /forums/ part which I didn't want added in the first place. Been doing it for about a week now.