Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Never shed

Lightbulb Other Snakes Sub-forum ?

Hi I am a member here but have not been active in a long time because I feel that I no longer fit in as I no longer have a garter in the house. I still keep snakes and I would love to be more active on the site. So I pose this question why not a sub-forum for other snakes or non-Thamnophis discussions, similar to what the corn snake forum I am also a member of has? This would allow members like myself who no longer have garters to still remain active and not feel like they no longer belong on this board.
    Tisha referee to: 1.0Husband2.0Children 3.4.1Corns-Zeus, Kratos, Hades, Artemis, Hera, Gaea,Aphrodite, Nyx0.0.1Kings-Cronus0.0.1Foster Corn2.0Dogs-Niko, Wicket0.2Cats-Fluffy, Bandit 7.5Daycare Kids

Banned

Re: Other Snakes Sub-forum ?

They just recently changed a few things so that we remain Thamnophis focused but we don't always want to talk about garter snakes. I know it sounds weird, but the place for non-thamnophis or off topic stuff is The Garter Snake Lounge located here: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/garter-snake-lounge/

They would prefer that we use existing threads whenever appropriate. Welcome back! I'm pretty new here but I just love my new friends. It's awesome here. And BTW, I don't currently have any garters either! But I will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    They just recently changed a few things so that we remain Thamnophis focused but we don't always want to talk about garter snakes. I know it sounds weird, but the place for non-thamnophis or off topic stuff is The Garter Snake Lounge located here: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/garter-snake-lounge/

They would prefer that we use existing threads whenever appropriate. Welcome back! I'm pretty new here but I just love my new friends. It's awesome here. And BTW, I don't currently have any garters either! But I will soon.
    I'd just like to point out that the discussions in the Lounge should still be limited to natricines, in other words New World and Old World watersnakes, like for example Natrix, Xenochrophis, Nerodia and Storeria.

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Yes, we do have an area for other snakes to be discussed it is the "other pets" thread and i beleive it is stickied in the lounge. As Stefan mentioned, the lounge topics should still be relevant to natricine snakes of some sort, such as water snakes, dekay's snakes, keelbacked snakes or the grass snakes of europe. At one time, all kinds of talk was allowed in the lounge but it took over the site completely, cluttered the homepage and was taking a lot away from the site, simply because this is supposed to be a highly specialized site.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Banned

Oh, okay. Sorry for misinforming. Also for posting the wrong stuff in there! My bad.

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Oh, okay. Sorry for misinforming. Also for posting the wrong stuff in there! My bad.
    don't worry, we're not going to lynch you or anything like that
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Odie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    don't worry, we're not going to lynch you or anything like that
    Were's the poles and pitchforks just kidding

Banned

Why not just throw me into a pit of garter snakes?

Why not just throw me into a pit of garter snakes?
    it might hurt them
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Never shed

Not to mention punishment is not supposed to be enjoyable!!!
    Tisha referee to: 1.0Husband2.0Children 3.4.1Corns-Zeus, Kratos, Hades, Artemis, Hera, Gaea,Aphrodite, Nyx0.0.1Kings-Cronus0.0.1Foster Corn2.0Dogs-Niko, Wicket0.2Cats-Fluffy, Bandit 7.5Daycare Kids