Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feeding Frenzy Follies

I thought it might be fun to have a place to put stories about the frenzy that takes place during feeding time. Here's one that sticks in my mind.
    Once upon a time I has feeding a group of baby radixes some guppies. I had grabbed a guppy and was moving towards on of the babies. Unintentionally I touch one of the babies on the side of its neck. The baby was so into eating it turned its head to the side with a wide open mouth and grabbed itself. Its mouth was open so much it couldn't release its bite and it went into a spin. Round and round the poor little scrub went. Looked like a dog chasing its tail.
    Next?
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Re: Feeding Frenzy Follies

well i dont have any garters but when ever i put chopped up fish in with my water snake he goes absolutely nuts and some times gets his teeth sunk on the sides of my wooden and plexi glass tank

Sky was convinced that her thermometer was edible at the end of her feeding session last week
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

"Third shed, A Success" sirtalis01's Avatar

once i was feeding a group of babys some small guppys and one of the babys was so in to feeding that he bit one of his brothers right at the center of his body and hi wouldnt let go and they went in to a crazy spinoff lol...i guess his brother had the sent of the guppys

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Sputnik's Avatar

There was me thinking I wouldn't be able to join in...then I remembered one of the first times I fed my first two garters. I had found some lovely earthworms and little Zuki grabbed it enthusiastically. As she gobbled the wriggly thing, she managed to catch both ends...causing the worm to form a a loop over her head which of course tightened more and more as she desperately swallowed. It looked as if she was wearing headphones! Before I could step in, the worm snapped and my little snake was free. Phew!

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

I had a baby do exactly what steve mentioned. He whipped around and grabbed himself. In his frenzy, refused to let go, and he actually walked his jaws further up his neck until his head was flipped all the way around and he was biting himself JUST below his own head. Didn't even know that was possible!!!! He looked like his neck was broken.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

It was snack night for one of my groups. I thawed out some pinkies in an old ice cream container. After they were thawed, using my hand I scooped out a bunch and put them in a towel to dry them off. I dried the pinkies off but didn't dry off my hand. Yes, it's the same hand I feed with.
    With one pinky in hand I offered it to one of the lucky radixes. Of course she grabbed it and then 5 other large radixes grabbed my hand, fingers, wrist. It caught me by surprize. I've never had this many bite me at once. I decided to let them have what they thought was a pinky. The really funny part was watching the looks on their faces. They could see the other snakes so they were all pulling for all it's worth. After about a minute they all desided this wasn't dinner and let go. They never bit me again. They never even tried.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

well lets just say after a friend got a nibble we learned not to hover any pink object (including fingers) over my snake for more than 2 secs
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

I was feeding a skinny(that's what I call a guppy only eater). Here's the system I use. First, place the skinny in a small round container. Second, scoop-up a handful of guppies. Third, toss the guppies and some of the guppy water on the container.
    Everything was going fine until I threw the guppies in and they started floppy around. The little skinny was so excited it spun around and grabbed it's own tail. The funny part was it didn't let go. It was trying to swallow the tail. This story gets better. The poor little skinny knew it was getting bit by something and tried to get away. Then it realized it's meal was trying to get away. It went round and round. I called my kids down to watch the show. They got mad at me and forced to enlighten the little guy.
    Now, that was funny.
    My kids got even more mad when I suggested a name for the little guy "Stupid"
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

There's only two possible names for that snake: Hooper (after the legendary Hoop Snake) or Oroboros.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.