Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry at Petco

"Preparing For First shed"

Angry at Petco

Just ranting here to relieve stress, so please pardon me.
    (oh and some might find this a bit unsettling, I know I did)
    Today I stopped by petco cause I like looking at the cute little snakes and what I saw horrified and angered me to the point of yelling at the staff. The little ball pythons were fine, and they had the cutest little stripped corn snake I've ever seen, but when I saw the "regular" corn snakes it infuriated me. The 3 little babies, they couldn't have been a month out of the egg, were so emaciated that they had skin folds almost a quarter their body width and they were covered in mites, just crawling all over the poor little guys. When two of them started thrashing to prevent more mites from biting in I just screamed at the nearest employee about how they needed help and a demiting then stormed out.

Thanks for anyone reading this for putting up with my ranting, I just needed to get this out of my system and yelling at a petco employee more than I did wouldn't have helped anything.

Re: Angry at Petco

I completely understand how you fee! I would be infuriated if I saw corns in that state.

I was at Petco yesterday and a boy walked in with a young snake on his wrist. He tried to tell me it was a "Ruby Python", very rare, and would not at all believe it was a normal (somewhat dull colored) corn snake......

PETCO are downright awful. File an official complaint about the store on their website and also to the local branch manager.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

I wonder whether they ever consider that hiring people who know what they're doing and giving them some incentive to stick around could save them money in the long run
    nah - it's just too novel an idea
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by drache View Post
    I wonder whether they ever consider that hiring people who know what they're doing and giving them some incentive to stick around could save them money in the long run
    nah - it's just too novel an idea
    Hopefully somebody can "sell" that idea. However, I doubt that they would save any money, unless the alternative would be to lose a couple of snakes (in the price class of normal coloured corn snakes) per employee per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Hopefully somebody can "sell" that idea. However, I doubt that they would save any money, unless the alternative would be to lose a couple of snakes (in the price class of normal coloured corn snakes) per employee per day.
    well - I think they're losing us at the first opportunity; we just need to keep letting them know
    I don't know what gives them the idea that the average pet owner doesn't care how they treat their animals - I guess it must be the average pet owner
    yet another vicious cycle
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

contact your local animal control agency also....file a cruelty complaint, they can send someone to help straighten them out....

Quote Originally Posted by ssssnakeluvr View Post
    contact your local animal control agency also....file a cruelty complaint, they can send someone to help straighten them out....

Great suggestion, Don. I agree wholeheartedly.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Great suggestion, Don. I agree wholeheartedly.
    of course.....since I'm an officer..that suggestion came to mind....get a few calls every now and then like that myself!!

"Preparing For Third shed" Steven@HumboldtHerps's Avatar

One of my good friends has become a regular thorn in Petco's side; apparently their corporate headquarters know her by first name. It's amazing what going to the city newspaper can accomplish! Corporate probably couldn't care less about individual personal complaints, but when it hits the local mainstream (like a negative article in the paper), well lookie lookie... we haven't seen corns being fed crickets in quite some time now!