Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation cat attack injuries **PICS!!** lol

the two arrows point to the punctures... though now you can really barely see them, this is what they look like now.
    and this is the area a little more from the side view...

and here's the area I was concerned about that seems to be bulging a little. Its really hard to capture on the camera but you can mostly see it when shes moving.
    I guess because I knew the looks of her so well beforehand I really notice this.
    in this picture you can kind of see it where there is a lighter colored line across her kind of... thats where she is SLIGHTLY stretched a bit more in that one spot than she normally would be ...

there's the view from the top.
    <3 Snakems

Re: cat attack injuries **PICS!!** lol

and from this angle you can slightly see a lump... ...
    and last I think the two marks here are obvious and dont need any pointing out but you can see there is not swelling here...

my poor little snakems... in another thread i will post the underside. it looks much different.

any thoughts would be appreciated thanks very much!
    <3 Snakems

this is where it starts to look bad....

all it looks like to me is like the ventral scales here are either dirty or like "rotting" or something... its horrible... but this all has happened in the places she was bleeding from being bittenand heres the real close up of what it looks like

... I know that Ive done everything that I can do to keep her clean and then some, and her conditions couldnt be any better so i just dont know if this is just part of what happens or what! =/
    <3 Snakems

"Third shed, A Success" prattypus's Avatar

I am by no means an expert, but it looks as if the wounds themselves are healing well. I think the main concern would be infection. Cat saliva trapped in a body can be some nasty medicine.
    Jason--
    Red 5 Standing By...

The only wounds that concern me are the ones on the belly. Watch for drainage(pus) or a bad smell from the wound area. If you can get the snake to a Herp. Vet. that would be great. This cream also works wonders and can be bought very cheaply but you need a prescript. for it.

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

to me it kind of looks like scale rot on the bottom? are you sure it's not just swelling making the bump???? it does look like they're healing well though... and the betadine that your using should clear up an infection if that's what's causing the bump......
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

Quote Originally Posted by Snake lover 3-25 View Post
    to me it kind of looks like scale rot on the bottom? are you sure it's not just swelling making the bump???? it does look like they're healing well though... and the betadine that your using should clear up an infection if that's what's causing the bump......
    yeah Im pretty much positive that it isnt scale rot for several reasons. mainly because if she didnt have it before there's no physical way she could have acquired it since Ive had her considering if anything she's in much better conditions now than she had ever been in the wild and she never had it then. This is only something that has shown itself since the bites have been healing. I dont know why. It might just be the areas where the puntures are shedding scale? I really just dont know.
    <3 Snakems

Quote Originally Posted by Snake lover 3-25 View Post
    and from the pictures it may look like it but its not topical swelling making the lump. you'd really have to see it, because I can see how it may seem that way by viewing the pics but from watching her move and inspecting the skin around it, its definitely inside there. Its almost like a kink in a way.
    <3 Snakems

ok yeah... it doesn't just sprout up..... o it might be the betadine making it that color lol woops... maybe the cat scratched her there or something.... to me it all looks fine except for the bump....... i'm thinkin it's either swelling, an infection (which it shouldn't be if you're using betadine) or possibly internal bleeding? is she still eating and passing food well?
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

Quote Originally Posted by snakems View Post
    and from the pictures it may look like it but its not topical swelling making the lump. you'd really have to see it, because I can see how it may seem that way by viewing the pics but from watching her move and inspecting the skin around it, its definitely inside there. Its almost like a kink in a way.

o a kink..... that's possible too..... i've seen lots of wild ones with seemingly broken spines..... with lots of scars around them too..... if it doesn't feel squishy or anything than that's most likely it... you might be able to feel right were it is if you run your finger down the ridge of her back.....
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat