Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some people are stupid!!!!

A moron I work with that lives in Daly City came up to me day before yesterday & discrbed a SF Garter to me & asked what type of snake it is. He said it was in his back yard & he was scared it was going to bite his child, so he cut its head off with a shovel. I was so ticked off @ him, that I yelled @ him, calling him stupid & some other names that was not very Christian of me. I even threatened to call animal services to have him arrested for killing the snake. Anyhow, I guess I went a little overboard because I was called into the supervisors office to be questioned on what happened. Apparently I scared the person by yelling in his face. So he went ahead & reported me for "harrassment". Anyhow, I told my boss that he is in better shape than the snake & that he should of known better than to tell me he killed a snake. My boss said just to avoid him for awhile.
    Well, I just had to get that rant & rave off my chest. Thanks, Jerry

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Re: Some people are stupid!!!!

That sucks Jerry. I hate people sometimes. Not only kill a protected species, but then describe the entire incident to someone who is known to keep snakes... THEN be offended when that person yells at you? Come on. People take absolutely NO responsibility for their actions, just think they can do whatever they please with no repercussions whatsoever. Then when there are repercussions(even as mild as getting their little feelings hurt by being yelled at) they complain to management? Grrrrrrr... I feel for you.
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

man that guy was an idiot!!! he deserved it i think you did the right thing jerry..... sometimes that's the only way to make people learn their lesson.... maybe now he won't do it again!!!!
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

What an idiot!!!!!! he's should consider himself lucky that he didn't get turned in....sf garters are federally protected!!!!! did you let him know that?? I deal with idiots all thetime here with my job.....fun part is I can write them tickets, take their pets, and send them in front of a judge to explain why they are stupid!!!!

"Stupid" doesn't even begin to describe him.

ps. I know a person who killed grass snakes, because he was afraid that his wife might get scared and drop their baby.

People disgust me.
    James.

Never shed

Snakes have such a bad rap with people. I don't understand it. I don't know much about snakes (this will change!) but I do know that most snakes aren't poisonous and wild ones will want to avoid you at any cost. Have people not figured this out?!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

My sister in law is terryfied of snakes...always takes a while to coax her into our house and even then she is a little jumpy...
    her cat caught a 'snake' though and was playing with it in the garden, she managed to scare the cat off, and pushed the snake into a tall laundry bin with a mop!! (screaming as she did so apparently!) sat the bin upright and put it in the garage with a plate on top to stop it escaping til my brother got home 'who would know if it was ok and what to do'
    turned out to be a small slow worm, my brother checked it over, and apart from the sad loss of its tail was still ok. They let it go a couple of miles away from the house in woodland.
    I was so pleased with her! not everyone who is scared is an arse! just some poor uneducated things!
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

thats a big part of my job....public education....and its an uphill battle!!!!

"Third shed, A Success" jeanette's Avatar
    i live in the uk near the city of sheffield

i really hate people at times. why is it that the majority of people who are scared of something try to kill it. be it spiders, bugs, snakes or some other creature. I know not all people are like that but it makes me want to hurt the people that are.