Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In Hog Heaven

DO NOT READ! Non-garter Related

OMG, OMG, OMG! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kenabec is no longer an EGGLETTE! Or won't be in the next day or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a mother! MY VERY FIRSTEST BABY IS ON THE GROUND or will be in the next day or two.

My very firstest sweetest baby is ALMOST here! He has to eat something twice and then take pinkies for four meals before I can have him - because I'm a newbie. THASS OTAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M A MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In six weeks my baby will be with me!!!!!

I'M ABOUT TO GO NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm about to cry! I'm about to get my firstest EVER snake!!!!!!!!!! My sweet Kenabec!!!!!!!!!

My god, my god, my god, my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KENABEC!!!!!!! Your muzzer loves you VERY MUCH!!!!!

"Third shed, A Success" jeanette's Avatar
    i live in the uk near the city of sheffield

Re: DO NOT READ! Non-garter Related

lol congrats!!!!! glad to see your really happy about it

Sigh... Gertie, hon, I keep telling you. It's OKAY to open up on this forum and share your true emotions... stop being so reticent.

We're excited with you!!!! Pics, pics, we want pics, want to seeeeeee!!!!!!
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

lol i was afraid to say anything!!!!!! pics!!!!! what kind is it!!!!! details!!!!!
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

"PM Boots For Custom Title" count dewclaw's Avatar

Congrats to the new "mama"!
    LeAnn
    "The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    "Jokes are for kids, but puns are for the grown."

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Congrats, so glad to hear it!
    Hope you don't give yourself a coronary in all your excitement, though.Try to contain yourself, girl!!!
    Anji

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby! (hognose, right?)
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

In Hog Heaven

Thanks you all!

Lori, you're a woman after my own heart! You crack me up!

Tami, how wonderful of you to remember. That was really special. Yup. Western Hoggy. Gonna use him at the park the days I'm there. Gonna use the garter's, too, when I get them. Isn't that wonderful? I can take all my babies to work with me!

Patience is not one of my virtues (if I have ANY). I've waited like two months already for Kenabec to hatch - I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE!!! WWWWWAAAAA!!!!

I still can't believe this is me doing this and so xcited about it. It's like waiting for a puppy or kitten. I used to think all snake people were totally nuts. How COULD they like and call a snake a pet - they don't do anything! Just shows one should not be judgemental. At least I'm not rigid.

I love that little Hoggy as much as I love Pickles and Mayo, and The Cats. He is mine and he's precious and perfect and the most wonderful Hoggy in the WORLD!

I stopped at Twin Cities Reptile on the way home from work. They have an albino checkered and a 'regular' (I'm guessing) ribbon. THEY WERE SO TINY THEY LOOKED LIKE WORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missy Winnie is definitely full grown. I wanted to hug and kiss them so much and thought, "Woman, you best get out of here now before you do something really stupid - like buy a snake - that you'll regret."

I'll just have to wait for my little guy.

I'd like to take the opportunity to continue to ramble - just for a bit here. I want you all to stop and think about "firsts." Like your first car, your first girl/boyfriend, your first dog, your first cat, your first horse... you first snake. Your first Pug, your first Aby (Abyssinian cat), your first poodle, your first child.

You only ever have one first of anything. They're [usually] always the most specialest because they were the first you ever had. Not that you loved following [insert your word of choice] less, but there's always a special 'something' about the first.

Kenabec will be my FIRST snake and my FIRST Hoggy. While the three garters I'm going to get will be my FIRST garters, Kenabec will always be my first snake. Sorry it can't be a garter, but at the time I didn't think I wanted to replicate Winnie in anyway.

I hope I'll be allowed to talk about Kenabec here... You only have one first of anything.

Thanks guys, for your warm wishes and happiness for me. It really means a lot.

In Hog Heaven

Otay. I got a 20 gal long aquarium - actually a herp tank with sliding lid - for Kenabec. When I got my big 90 gal the guy gave me a bunch o'stuff for free, one of which is one of those little plastic Critter Carriers. You know what I mean. It's not super small and will work great.

I'm going to put Kenabec in that, in his tank initially.

Here's what I've gotten to mess around with in making my own substrate:

Aquarium gravel; not the TINY stuff, but small, rounded river stones.

CoCo Soft

Some REALLY COOL bark chips which I just smelled and THEY'RE CEDAR (or pine, I can't tell) and I got it from Twin Cities Reptile!!!!!!!! You can bet your bippy THAT'S going back!

Peat moss

Shagum moss (it looks a lot like some of the grasses out in the park)

And... Timothy hay.

Need to still get a pooper scooper; I got my heating pad; I've lights here; going to use the big rock-like snake hidey where the lid has a hole in it and the lid comes off - without the lid and that will be the water dish.

Still have to get logs - I've got wood hideys to crawl into - and the oak leaves. Dave said since Kenabec is going to used in the programs it will be okay if I gather oak leaves from the park.

So, now to mess around with the substrate stuff to see what I can come up with.

In Hog Heaven

Bump. Just in case you want to read about something UNGARTER related. Like take a break? I don't know!