Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy NOOOO I've LOST Squiggles

Guys-- I am LOOSING MY MIND--- my ball python Squiggles is GONE. Gone, vanished. The last time I know I saw her was Wed or Thurs... I saw her lying under her log, while Fluffy was still under her fav. hide. I never looked for Squiggles later on after I saw she wasn't under the log, I assumed she'd gone back to Fluffy as the two are almost always together.

I went to get her a few hours ago to take her out to feed and found her gone... Fluffy is there under her normal hide. I don't look at them everyday because they don't DO ANYTHING.

Their tank is a 55 gallon with a wire top. The top fits very snug and there were two lamps on it, but nothing else to hold it down... because they never go up to the top... they never tried to push it up... I have lots of things to climb on in there, that's the tank we glued the pieces of cholla wood to the back wall. So while Squiggles would climb those, she never tried to push at the top. It is quite a tight fit, but I can push it up in the corner with one finger if I try hard.

The top was not moved or crooked.

Fluffy would NOT have eaten her... would she?? She wouldn't, right?? They've been together since last summer.... Fluffy is bigger but not by that terribly much. Did Squiggles suddenly start pushing at the top?? I supposed if she nudged a corner up and got out, it would have fallen back down hard enough to secure back in place...

I am SICK. We've been pouring over the house but omg, there are a million places to hide... I can't believe this has happened!!!!!!!! I am worried sick for her... I know I should have looked at her every day but I got complacent with the balls because everytime you look they are wrapped up together under the hide. They don't MOVE!!!!! But obviously Squiggles DID move... right on out...

Unless... should I have Fluffy x rayed?? She WOULDN'T HAVE... would she??????????
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

Re: NOOOO I've LOST Squiggles

oh no!!!!!! but i bet if she did get out you'll find her.... people (me) find their snakes all the time days.... even weeks...... after thay escape...... and she's much bigger and easier to find than the snakes people usuallyt lose.............. you'll find her!!!!!!
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

oh no, Lori, that's awful
    and you have a lot of animals around the house too, right?
    I wouldn't think a snake would want to come out very much
    I bet Squiggles hasn't gone very far, but it's still like looking for a needle in a haystack, because their hiding options are endless
    how big is she now?
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

We keep thinking that she wouldn't wander this house much... we have so many dogs and cats. At night, they sleep soundly but I would think she'd eventually have caught someone's attention and they would have reacted to her. (Or still might, of course.)

This is an old house with so many options to escape... we keep coming up with new places to look, but have concentrated most heavily in the room with the tank. I just put some used mouse shavings in a box on the floor... maybe she'll come to the smell and stay in the box. This is the worst feeling. :-( :-(
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Sorry, she is about 2.5 feet long and pretty thick.
    www.newhoperescueva.com

I too have lost a snake Lori. One of my new red-sideds, who's gotten out 2 times already, is missing. I checked all over my room, but nothing yet. D:
    The first two times he was in my closet. Best of luck to you also!
    0.1 Storeria dekayi
    Hoping to get some T. s. sirtalis High-Reds next summer!

Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

sorry to hear Lori, as for the eating, I doubt it, I mean its possible, but one you'd notice the diff size, and two its highly unlikely, I have kept six balls together before of varing size and never had a problem even at feeding times.....the best places to look are closets, dresser draws, and furniture and then other place from there, make no mistake they maybe bigger but are very good hiders......also try appliances like stove and what not and do that asap cause they can die quickly in them, keep looking and I'm sure you'll find'em but check everywhere........good luck keep us posted.........
    Justin

Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    I too have lost a snake Lori. One of my new red-sideds, who's gotten out 2 times already, is missing. I checked all over my room, but nothing yet. D:
    The first two times he was in my closet. Best of luck to you also!

good luck to you also Kyle...........
    Justin

"Third shed, A Success"

Ohhh man!! Sorry Lori!! Check behind your fridge! The day I bought mine I lost her, she was taking in the heat from the back of the fridge..

You will find her!

/me crosses fingers

shucks
    I was hoping for better news by now
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain