Juvenile snake

Question bearded dragons and smoking

ok I have a quesion for my friend who has the bearded dragons, and I cant for the life of me find anything on google lol. she wants to know if smoking can harm a beardie. she is asking because her sister just moved back home with her BF, the the room the bearded dargons are in, is their room..both her sister and the BF smoke heavily in that room, which is not very big. previously to this nobody smoked in that room and now suddenly the youngest, Cera, has Diarrhea. my friend is worried that the smoke may be affecting her, and asked if the smoke can harm Spike and Cera? both are just babies if that matters.

and a thanks from the last beardie question I asked here for my friend, Spike is doing much better now, and is even eating her fruits and veggies now
    Shayna, Miami, Moriba and the rest of the Zoo.

Edgy Exotic Reptiles EdgyExoticReptiles's Avatar

Re: bearded dragons and smoking

im sure the smoke will have ill effects/ is toxic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    ok I have a quesion for my friend who has the bearded dragons, and I cant for the life of me find anything on google lol. she wants to know if smoking can harm a beardie. she is asking because her sister just moved back home with her BF, the the room the bearded dargons are in, is their room..both her sister and the BF smoke heavily in that room, which is not very big. previously to this nobody smoked in that room and now suddenly the youngest, Cera, has Diarrhea. my friend is worried that the smoke may be affecting her, and asked if the smoke can harm Spike and Cera? both are just babies if that matters.

and a thanks from the last beardie question I asked here for my friend, Spike is doing much better now, and is even eating her fruits and veggies now
    Email:reed@edgyexoticreptiles.com
    http://www.edgyexoticreptiles.com

Juvenile snake

ok thanks, thats what she was worried about, they banned smoking in those rooms and put up no smoking signs for visters as well.
    Shayna, Miami, Moriba and the rest of the Zoo.

I believe second hand smoke is harmful to our reptiles, as it is to all animals. I heard somewhere (once long ago) that 'they' used to use snuff (tobacco product) to euthanase reptiles. I have no idea if there's any truth in that.
    James.

they're like kids
    only much smaller and in some ways less resilient
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

I've actually refused adoptions to heavy smokers before... I just couldn't bring myself to put a dog or cat into a house full of smoke all the time. If it bothered me during the home visit, then I just let the adoption drop. It seems to me that soooo many of the dogs & cats we get in with allergy & skin issues clear right up when they are out of their previous smoke-filled homes. Humans can at least walk outside and clear tehir heads; the animals are stuck inside with it all the time. Just my experience.
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post
    I believe second hand smoke is harmful to our reptiles, as it is to all animals. I heard somewhere (once long ago) that 'they' used to use snuff (tobacco product) to euthanase reptiles. I have no idea if there's any truth in that.
    I've heard similar stories, about natives killing large snakes with tobacco smoke, but naturally these tales are far from being reliable sources of information.

we had a tranquilizer gun at the vet clinic on the base I was stationed at in Michigan. it came with a bottle of liquid nicotine.....a dart loaded with that is fatal... Never used it!!!!! wouldn't either, would have used a tranquilizer instead. fortunately we had very few strays on base and they were friendly and easily caught.