The Mystery of…

The invisible snake. I have had very poor luck raising my baby snakes, but have managed to keep two alive and healthy, but the other day was a little confusing. I transferred them to my large viv and they seamed to settle in pretty well. One loves the branch and the other liked to climb up the side of the viv. So I thought I might have a little success after all. I replaced the solid wood top with a screen and that seamed to be working pretty well, until I checked on them and there was only one snake there. Oh &^%$*&^%$^%. One must have escaped! I took everything out and looked and looked..….. gone! Oh well only one left. That is until yesterday and guess what? There were two snakes there. What the…….? I know there was only one the other day. I could not imagine where he was hiding last time, until today when I went down and he was resting on the lip where the wood top used to sit. Well he took one look and spotted me and scooted down a tiny crack where the molding on the front covers the corner of the viv. That is where he was hiding. He must have gone in headfirst and backed out when he felt it was safe. Sneaky little buggers! Glad he is back, and I might add getting ready to shed.
    Terry

Re: The Mystery of…

That's a great title for a book: "The snake who crawls through walls."

Thats real fun... to hear.
    Thats real double fun...

... it happend to you but not to me.
    Allready waiting for the sommer
    best wishes bis bald Udo
    Breeding Redsides EGSA-Chairman

"Third shed, A Success" GarterGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    That's a great title for a book: "The snake who crawls through walls."
    Yea, that would be a great title for a book! It sounds kind of like "The Wolves in the Walls"
    "The Wolves in the Walls" is a really good book!
    MIKHAILA

Actually, I based it on the title: "The cat who walks through walls." It's a science-fiction book by Robert A. Heinlein.

The Cat Who Walks Through Walls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've had that happen - the lost snake who turned out to be right where it was supposed to be
    I also once threw a snake in the trash with the substrate (a whole new twist on baby and bath water)

I grok Heinlein - haven't read that one though

but when the wolves come out of the walls - it's all over

thought of you yesterday, Terry
    something about Chloe
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

glad to hear everything turned out well for you, and houdini.........
    Justin

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Yes, definitely good that you found him!!
    I remember when I bought the little terrarium for Deejay- she was probably 2 or 3 weeks old, pretty tiny still. The tank had a screen top that had little clamps that snapped into place to hold it. But there was a gap between the foam rockwall and the screen top, and some little air vents along the edge of the screen. Deejay squeezed herself into the gap and through the air vents, and when I went to check on her she was happily lounging on TOP of the tank instead of in it!!
    Had to stuff a rolled up piece of paper towel into the gap and tape it down till she grew a bit!!
    Anji

"Second shed, A Success"

this morning i got up and went to check on my two garters in the 175 gallon tank i have,,,well i did not see either one,,so i started moving things to see where they were,,,,my tank has three pieces of glass that cover the top and each one is removable,,i was on the end one and happen to look over to my right and seen my big garter sitting on top of the glass,,in a clear bag,,,lol,,,,grabbed him up and put him back in and started to look around to see where he had gotten out at,,,the day before i was cleaning the tank and forgot to tape the glass back down on the backside,,,they both pushed right thru,,i was like ok well the other is long gone,,,out of the corner of my eye i seen him in the kitchen floor,,,just sitting there,,lol,,of course he tried to run when i got closer,,,but i got him back in the tank,,,,,ssshhhhuuueeeey......all safe now,,then my boa tried to bite me,,,,only had him 4 days now