Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Second shed, A Success"

need some help here!!!

ok let me start by saying i have two rather large garter snakes,,,around 3ft being the smallest and 3 1/2 being the bigger one,,,well i have them in a 175 gallon tank,,,,and i also have a red eared slider turtle in there and everything is well,,all get along great,,,well i have a new addition to the family,,a ball python,,,hes only 1 /12 ft long,,,,can they be put in the sand tank without hurting each other?im only worried about the garters and python together,,,not the turtle,,,anyone?

Re: need some help here!!!

I personally wouldn't keep two such diverse species together, especially as their environmental requirements are so different. But that's just my view.
    James.

Same opinion as James, I would seperate them all. Watch out that the turtle doesn't hurt your snakes, they can do a lot of damage...

Old and wise snake

your python will eat everything thats in that tank... mine even tried to eat the heating pad that was in there.. so i took it out and put it under the tank.. this was when i was starting out with snakes and got some bad info...but they don't care as long as there hungry...
    Thanks, ~*Natalie*~

"Second shed, A Success"

ok cool,,,man wish i could keep them all in my huge tank

Fill it up with a nice colony of Garters, Brandon!!!
    James.

"Second shed, A Success"

also i just bought this boa and hes got little bugs on him,,,mites im guessing and i went out and bought mite spray stuff and soaked him in it,,,anyone know about mites? and do u think thats what this is? there tiny little bugs and they look like there under his scales,,,

"Second shed, A Success"

heres some pics of my tank with the snakes and turtle in it together,,,lots of room and the snakes seem to keep there distance from the turtle,,,but sometimes the snakes crawl over the turtle,,never seen him try to hurt the snakes,,,
    this is one of the snakes between the water tank i have in there and the big tank,,somehow he got in there and crawled out,,lol,,,yes i put a small tank in there with filter and water for the turtle,,he stays in there most the time,,i also keep feeder fish in there,,,

and heres one with the two snakes playing around on a limb i put in there for them

and heres me and my tank,,,it measures 6 1/2 ft long,,4 ft wide and 4 ft tall,,,,

and heres a nice one to

and heres the two turtles,,,,the big one pasted away not to long ago,,,unknown reason

Brandon, on the question on mites.... have a read through this, plenty of useful stuff here.
    http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...ighlight=mites
    Please make sure you keep the infected Boa well away from your other snakes.
    James.

Brandon, are you sure you typed the dimensions of your tank in correctly? If that tank's 4ft high and 4ft wide, that would make you about 10ft tall!
    James.