Hi, I'm New Here!

Identification please :-)

20170423_123929.jpg20170423_123803.jpg20170423_123752.jpg

These were bought as Thamnophis proximus orarius in Houten and I'm just trying to verify that. Can anyone here verify that or knows any web page where I can find images of the different sub species of T. proximus?

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Re: Identification please :-)

Looks very much like t.proximus to me. Amazing looking reptiles, congrats. Check for the listing of them in The Garter Snake Ecology and Evolution by Rossman, Ford, Siegel...
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Yes, I'm pretty sure about the proximus part, at least from images I've seen om google. The female is a bit more blue/green so I'm trying to figure out if this is a natural variation or if they might be of different subspecies.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Well, the whole thamnophis species and all of the subspecies being known to be polymorphic and polygenic could explain the color variance in the animal. Also, the possibilities that can occur in the intergrade zones can be another reason for the coloration.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Adult snake

The first pic looks to be T.proximus proximus with the black dorsum and narrow vertible stripe. the other 2 with broad gold stripe hold true for orarius. Not knowing the area of origin it is hard to be positive.

Hi, I'm New Here!

These animals are supposed to be CB here in Europe from what I've been told. The person who imported them to sweden also brought a few more, I'll see if I can get some pictures of the other snakes and I'm still waiting for the papers from the seller.