Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: europe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Re: europe

Those are pretty stunning. Especially the albinos with the bright reds and oranges.

I don't know how representative those garters are of the European garter hobby as a whole, but I imagine there's probably a higher concentration of individuals with desirable traits since it's kind of a hassle to ship them over, so you wouldn't want to waste that sort of time and money bringing in anything but the best.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

All those garters are amazing looking! I need one of each, haha.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

my theory is the lack of new animals leads to line breeding many generations which intensify the desired colors. for instance the red gene is very strong in them

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytradix View Post
    my theory is the lack of new animals leads to line breeding many generations which intensify the desired colors. for instance the red gene is very strong in them
    Probably true. I kind of wonder what the situation with the San Frans is currently... I haven't seen any posts about them in awhile, but from what I remember people were seeing a lot of weird congenital defects likely due to the limited gene pool.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Sjoerd does have some amazing looking snakes. His photography skills are pretty sick as well, he can really capture the beauty of them.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_virginiana View Post
    Probably true. I kind of wonder what the situation with the San Frans is currently... I haven't seen any posts about them in awhile, but from what I remember people were seeing a lot of weird congenital defects likely due to the limited gene pool.
    all ive seen is healthly looking snakes so idk