Subadult snake

Snake's that I've seen since moving to OK

Since moving to the US this winter I've found ~25 herp species. Oklahoma is the third most numerous herp state! Great news for me Here I'll share the snakes that I've seen... the only one not pictured is the yellowbelly racer, because well, they're just plain fast and hard to catch.
    First posted is the diamondback water snake, then if you can see in the tree is a rough green snake. The third snake has seen better days and although I'm pretty good at ID'ing stuff, that's out of my league. Next is a bullsnake and a prairie ringneck snake.

diamondback watersnake Cimmaron river OK (2).jpgrough green snake blue river OK (4).jpgsnake skeleton blue river OK (2).jpgDSC04361.jpgPrairie Ringneck Snake (11).jpg

Subadult snake

Re: Snake's that I've seen since moving to OK

The rough earth snake is fairly common around here. Next is a lined snake and I've only found the one. For Thamnophis, I've seen this red sided garter snake and a couple of western ribbon snakes. Next is a Dekay's brown snake.

earth snake (16).jpglined snake OK (5).jpgThamnophis sirtalis parietalis OK (2).jpgwestern ribbon snake OK (4).jpgStoreria dekayi OK (9).jpg

Subadult snake

Re: Snake's that I've seen since moving to OK

The last snake is probably the most visible one that I encounter. The Blotched water snake. To fill up my photo max I've also included a bullfrog, Blanchard's cricket frog, prairie lizard, and three toed box turtle. I hope you've enjoyed the pictures

hidden blotched water snake OK (3).jpgBullfrog OK (3).jpgcricket frog.jpgSceloporus consobrinus (3).jpgTerrapene carolina triunguis OK (11).jpg

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Snake's that I've seen since moving to OK

Makes me feel like I'm back at sleep away camp in upstate New York. Thanks for sharing and the memories.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.