Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy

Howdy

Just taking a minute to say hi. I'm Dave from Hendricks WV and much to my wife's dismay I'm a snake addict. I got my first one back in high school I caught outside and used to scare the teachers with it was a little Smooth Green Snake (Opheodrys Vernalis) shortly after that I got married and have been fighting my wife for 10 years or so to get another pet finally she gave in and now I have a little Butter Motley Corn Snake named Hemotep. To her detriment I'm now planning a reptile room at our house, building a herpetology site, and planning on bringing another 5-6 store bought and 4 wild caught snakes into our home soon.

"Fourth shed In Progress" slipknot711's Avatar

Re: Howdy

sounds exciting. welcome, fyi we love pictures.
    Ashley: instagram-> @ashes1187

I'll have to find a smaller pic of my corn says to large when I try to link it lol but I picked this lil guy up yesterday
    milk.jpgmilk2.jpg

Adult snake

Welcome to the forum!

Nice to have you with us. What Thamnophis species are you thinking about getting. Looks like you've got a couple species in your state.
    Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis - Eastern garter snake and Thamnophis sauritus sauritus (Eastern ribbon snake). The eastern garter would be the easier to keep. We might have some members close to you who can supply you with a captive bred snake. Here's a link to the forum care sheet. Be sure to ask all the question you might have. We are here to help.

Garter Snake Forum - Garter Caresheet
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

very nice milk. i usually just keep eastern milks here.

The garters I was looking at were just some checkered ones from BHB figured since I may be placing an order there in a bit i'd throw one on the list along with maybe a Hypo Tangerine Honduran Milk (even though the one i like is the Aberrant Hypo Tangerine) and a few others. I'm buying shelving for my reptile room in the next few days and i'll have multiple 10g tanks, a 20h, a 20l, a 29h, a 55, and a 75 at that point and may even add a few more in there. The milk i picked up was an impulse buy I already had the setup and was buying some bedding, water dishes, and other odds and ends when I noticed him on sale for $20 off not to mention he looks great and followed me around his tank at the store being curious instead of hiding lol.

thats great! and about garters,,, i love checkereds, i have an albino checkered male at home.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

welcome!!!! 20141115_095710-1.jpg

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Nice to have you with us. What Thamnophis species are you thinking about getting. Looks like you've got a couple species in your state.
    Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis - Eastern garter snake and Thamnophis sauritus sauritus (Eastern ribbon snake). The eastern garter would be the easier to keep. We might have some members close to you who can supply you with a captive bred snake. Here's a link to the forum care sheet. Be sure to ask all the question you might have. We are here to help.

Garter Snake Forum - Garter Caresheet

​how did you get your photo so big?