Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RSPCA in UK

"PM Boots For Custom Title"

RSPCA in UK

I'm sorry, i am a traitor! I have been browsing other reptile forums. During this time i have come across an article about the RSPCA. that they have just been showing up at animal owners homes just to look at the state of the enclosures. Apparently a few people have had their animals removed and not returned by the RSPCA, unjustly and illegally. This is the post as i saw it.

"This is a warning to all animal keepers, wether it be herps or mammals,

The RSPCA are going around and Knocking on doors of peoplewho own animals, They are saying that they are advising people on the changes of the Animal Welfare Bill, in particular about sizes of cages/tanks,

I have put this up as i have been speaking to friends of mine who had a visit from the RSPCA today, who has told them that all of there cages for their gerbils and rats are inadequate, The inspector told them the required size of a cage should be 60x36x24 for upto 6 rats and have to have toys/wood to chew in them, and the lab/breeding cages are inadequate. before leaving the inspector told them that he will be back in 30 days to see if they have started to change the cages and if no changes have been made, they would go to jail,

My friends are an old couple and have over 20 years experience keeping/breeding rodent and herp, They are both concerned about this and are panicky as they are on a low income,

I have spoken to Wohic and Nerys about this and have reassured them that they have nothing to worry about as Nerys has given me the following link which is very useful and imformative,

The Shg for Farmers, Pet Owners and Others Experiencing Difficulties with the RSPCA"

i don't know how honest this statement is so if you have anything to add to this then please help yourself. we all know haw rediculess this is so please just constructive replies and not just moaning. Thanks Lulu xxx

Re: RSPCA in UK

that seems a bit severe
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

thats what i thought. i thought i would make sure everyone knew. im pooing myself knowing my luck they will show up at my door lol

Quote Originally Posted by LushLulu85 View Post
    thats what i thought. i thought i would make sure everyone knew. im pooing myself knowing my luck they will show up at my door lol
    Isn't it enough to tell them that none shall pass, when they come a knockin'?

it does seem they would have to have a search warrant to come into your house
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

they can not obtain a warrent! the police have to bring the warrent but the big boss of the RSPCA has admitted that they have been missleading ppl to believe that they have the right to enter the property without a police officer or a warrent present. sly buggers!!

James, what do you make of this?

Awkward one for me. I don't want to comment one way or the other on the RSPCA, although I do have "opinions". I'll say this much; They have no powers of entry into your property.
    James.

"Preparing For Second shed"

Answer the door with a gun, tell them to get off your property. Problem solved. At least here in the USA the RSPCA does not have the power to just randomly come inspect stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Answer the door with a gun, tell them to get off your property.
    In this country that would probably count as an illegal threat.