Lighting options

I'm planning ahead for when I need to move Geri into her adult tank [won't be long because she's back to eating like pig].I'm thinking about using either a ceramic heater with some LED lights or a halogen bulb.

.If I go with the Ceramic and the LED with she still bask underneath it as if it where a light bulb.
    .Is a dimming thermostat as accurate as a pulse proportional?
    .What sort of watt bulb and ceramic should I use for a wooden vivarium that measures 91.5 x D 47 x H 52.5cm?
    Will

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Lighting options

I have a similar setup for your bigger girls - heatmat is the main heat source, they are literate by a combination of an overhead spotlight (so not a ceramic) and LED. My other tanks are lit by LED and heated with mats.
    The girls rarely bask in the spotlight, but do occassionally. What's interesting is that Vlad doesn't have a spotlight any more, but used to have one, he's lit by a strip of LED and I fairly frequently find him in the overhead vines laid out along the length of the LED strip. :-)

Thermostat - a dimming is an on/off whereas a pulse proportional modulates the power to provide a more accurate temp. For garters, I don't believe that you need the accuracy of a pulse prop stat, a dimming or mat stat will keep the temps to within a few degrees.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia