"First shed In Progress"

reccomended thermostat for small rack?

I had built this small rack two years ago and have finally gotten around to buying some flexwatt to install. (have been using it as a shelf for some time now).

What would you guys recommend for a thermostat that can handle 100-150 watts and is in the $40-$70 range?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    3.3.1 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    0.1 Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis
    1.1 Python regius

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: reccomended thermostat for small rack?

The thermostats that I use and recommend are the Habistat range, but I don't think they are available in the US.
    I know our American members use a variety of different stats, and you may find some old threads with recommended models in some older threads. I expect they will chime in with their own favourites soon.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Marnie posted a thread http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/husb...ht=thermostats
    she recommends a thermostat
    Will

A pulse thermostat would be the best option for you, if it falls in the right price-range.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

I thought that pulse proportional thermostats where for ceramic heat emitters do you have to use a special heat mat or just a normal heat mat?
    Will

Pulse stats can be used for anything other than lightbulbs. They are better than simple on/off thermostats as they give a constant temp with less fluctuation. I use pulse stats on all of my non-light emitting heat sources. Normal on/off stats can have up to 6 degrees of fluctuation from my experience.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

The thermostat that I use and that I posted about is not a pulse thermostat...but it is a good, reliable one that is relatively cheap. I recently got an infrared laser temp gun...and based on the readings I am getting from the temp gun...it looks like the thermostat I use is pretty accurate in terms of temps as well.I just did a reading of the area where I have my thermostat probe...it's laying on the substrate over my UTH area...and the temp gun is reading 82 degrees. The thermostat is set to turn things off at 85 degrees...so I'd say it's pretty darn close.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe