Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new!

Talking Something new!

Thought I would start a new thread for the new enclosures I ordered today

I ordered 5 of these - PC05

I also ordered 5 of these overhead radiators - Comfort warmteplaat 40x40 cm met traploze temperatuursregeling, 45 Watt/220 Volt details

I already have full sets of polystyrene backgrounds, light fittings, black aquarium silicone, plastic plants and various other bits and pieces.

Excitement mounting this will be more fun than re-vamping the old enclosures is going to be me thinks.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Re: Something new!

Those pro-cages look awesome.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

They have nothing but positive write-ups too. The best plastics I've seen on the market, as well as being surprisingly cheap in comparison to your traditional herpteks, etc.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Love the enclosures Greg, Not to sure about the 'electric hens' or brooders as the poultry men call them. Would you not have to be careful of the snakes ' burning' themselves by basking on top of them? Should look real good when you get them set up.
    ATB, Rod

This is relevant to my interests.

Very neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrix View Post
    Love the enclosures Greg, Not to sure about the 'electric hens' or brooders as the poultry men call them. Would you not have to be careful of the snakes ' burning' themselves by basking on top of them? Should look real good when you get them set up.
    The 'brooders' will be mounted to the ceiling and I have aluminium mesh - which I plan to use as a barrier around the sides of each device .
    At any rate they came recommended by pro-cages and they release almost all of their heat downward (unlike the 75 watt reptile radiator which has a pretty checkered reputation). I will be mounting them on radiator reflector foil too to further reduce any heat transferance to the viv above.

Dutch, bold and Thamnophis-crazy Thamnophis's Avatar

Do you know how hot the surface of such a "warmteplaat" will get?
    It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner. Frank Zappa

According to feedback from someone that has tried them in the UK the surface does not get too hot to touch if set up correctly. I will be testing the configuration I'm planning to use for at least 48hours before I'll consider adding the snakes.
    They will be thermostatted and I paid extra to have what is essentially a dimmer switch for each so I can easily set a maximum temp for each unit

Very nice Greg...I wonder if they have anything like that available over here...not that I would know how to install a heating device into one of the enclosures.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

yes they do Marnie