Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR updates!

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

MAJOR updates!

Hey guys,

you all have probably been wondering where I have disappeared off to lately! (or maybe you haven't!) I haven't hardly been posting but there's reason for it. I have been working heavily in the snakeroom, dealing with babies and selling off just about everything non-natricine in my collection. I have sold or am currently in the middle of selling all of my ball pythons, my corns, kings, and anything else besides a VERY few select snakes (like my carinata) that are non-natricine but very dear to me. There has been a huge change in the snakes I own and no longer own!! I have moved out a good bit of my other stuff and brought in more water snakes and of course, garter snakes. I recieved four different shipments today including 1.1 Atratus from Tim, my huge batch from Scott, some water snakes, and a striped keelback and totally surprise orange vagrans from Thomas (MasSalvaje) . I scheduled them all for today in advance because I had off work so it was basically a whole day of snake unpacking madness!!!

Why the sudden changes? I am working on turning my hobby into a future profession. Within the next year or so I plan to register my ficticious name, which will be "Natricine... something. Natricine Exotics, Natricines Unlimited... I am not really sure yet (any ideas?) but my goal will be to bring light to the world of natricine snakes and provide quality captive bred specimens of as many species as possible. Not just garters, but their water snake, keelbacked and european counterparts as well!

But I really need to show some photo's of the newer stuff! So here we go...

First up: Snakes from Scott! Right before shipment he sent me a list of some adults he was going to part with. I immediately jumped on the following three VITAL additions:

Adult female NEON BLUE Infernalis. This girl is drop dead gorgeous. Not to mention HUGE. I now have an adult unrelated pair. YEA! Babies next year?! what?!?

Super Hot 08 male flame!! Finally I have a male flame again!!

Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Re: MAJOR updates!

And how could I resist the only axanthic chicago garter in existince?!?! Oh, she's lovely. She is really exceptional looking because she is blue, but has a bit of orange on her neck sides.

I think there's a feather thingy stuck to her face...

Blue and orange on the same snake?! I think so!!!

Scott was very kind enough to send me a few extra low end female flames. They are actually very beautiful! Thank you Scott you are a doll!!!

Here we have some morph plains: 1.1 Iowa albinos, 1.0 axanthic, and 0.2 Red x nebraska albino.

And here we have the big pair purchase this year (thanks to my boyfriend): 1.1 albino redsideds!
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Now, here are some snakes I took on a trade:

1.1 light phase brown water snakes, drop dead gorgeous and the male already ate some f/t silversides tonight! nerodia taxispilota

1.1 Red phase Green water snakes (oxymorons?) nerodia cyclopion

From Tim Spuckler came one of my holy grails of thamnophis... 1.1 Santa Cruz... they are PERFECT!!! and oh so GREEN! with orange bellies and stripes!!

And from Thomas - MasSalvaje, I recieved his healthy and somewhat long term pet Striped keelback... So happy to have a VERY healthy specimen of this species! So fat! So shiny and pretty!!!

Also, Thomas sent me a total surprise. I was quite puzzled when I saw another deli cup while holding my new striped keelback. Lo and behold it was the most gorgeous wandering garter I have ever met! Here's Mac, a big orange hottie! (now I just need a female to name cheese... mac 'n cheese!) Thanks so much Thomas, I love him, he is a VERY wonderful representative of this species!

The end.

amazing where could i get a neon blue flame

wow!!! that ca red sider is awesome!!!!!!!!! I better be first in line for babies!!!! I wanted that chicago......dang.... my chicago girl has little orange spots like that too. just waiting on her to pop!!! nice, well, awesome additions!!!

If you mean the first snake, the california red sided, Scott Felzer produces a small amount each year, and now I will be as well, if all goes well. This was one of his breeders. They are definitely the most sought after garter in US collections! With flame easterns, eastern blacknecks and santa cruz trailing close behind!

yes...the cali red sider...awesome looking snake!!!! I was supposed to get a pair from a person.....but they haven't come thru...got busy with other stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by ssssnakeluvr View Post
    yes...the cali red sider...awesome looking snake!!!! I was supposed to get a pair from a person.....but they haven't come thru...got busy with other stuff....
    oh! haha I was replying to the firs poster who asked where he could get one!!

I'll tell you what that infernalis did, she broke the bank, that darned snake!!!

I'm making her get a job!

thats right!!! put her to work!!!!!