Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    And_Lyn

Re: Returned the keelback to Petco...

Quote Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post
    The automatic response came through a couple of days ago. I think this one is a genuine reply, just with the standard 'we care about our customers' paragraph thrown in.
    We'll see. I've asked them to let me know what they decide to do.
    We live pretty close to where their corporate office is located. We could make some signs and go picket them. We have no lives so it'll give us something to do

-Lyndsey

And_Lyn

yea, they have the "we got your email" auto one... then they have a full arsenal of template emails already typed out. they just click on the one that pertains to the complaint at hand and shoot that out. youd have to see it in order to really despise a customer service person... i hated that job

-andrew

Quote Originally Posted by And_Lyn View Post
    We live pretty close to where their corporate office is located. We could make some signs and go picket them. We have no lives so it'll give us something to do
    Maybe a bit drastic, as they've only just been made aware, and have promised to inverstigate.
    However, I have sent them a link to this (and a couple of other) thread... so they can read for themselves the strength of your feelings on this.
    James.

And_Lyn

Maybe a bit drastic, as they've only just been made aware, and have promised to inverstigate.

Darn. I was looking forward to having something to do this weekend

-Lyndsey

I don't think they'll ignore us. It would be very poor business. They are aware that we have over 7,000 members, most of them in the US.
    7,000 American reptile enthusiasts all bad-mouthing Petco at the same time is not something to be taken lightly, by any business.
    James.

good call, James
    business isn't that great over here at the moment - just in general
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Some of you may recall that I e-mailed Petco regarding their labelling of Xenochrophis vittatus. I received this response today......

Dear James,

Thank you for notifying us of your concern of our stores selling the Keelback Snake.

I have forwarded your concerns onto our Veteranarian Department. They will look into the proper classification of this species and make any necessary changes at our store levels. We appreciate your feedback.

Please know that we care about our customers and what they think of us. By letting us know when we fall short of your expectations, we have the opportunity to address your concerns and to be better prepared to meet your expectations in the future. If we can be any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email or call PETCO Customer Relations directly at 1-888-824-7257. Thank you again for contacting PETCO.

Sincerely,
    Matthew B.
    Customer Relations Coordinator
    The bastards never replied to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    The bastards never replied to me.
    you did it too?
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by drache View Post
    you did it too?
    Yeah, I sent a nearly identical email a bit before James sent his.

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

I too, sent an email stating that I was also a part of this forum and very concerned with what was happening. I did receive a response, a genuine typed one, here it is! I totally, and utterly, did not expect a response back!

Dear Shannon, Thank you for contacting PETCO regarding the snakes that we currently sell in our stores. I am surprised to hear about the information contained in your correspondence. We have licensed exotic and general veterinarians that visit the stores on a daily basis and this is the first piece of information I have heard regarding the Garter snakes actually being Striped Keelbacks.
    I will be referring this information over to my manager regarding this matter to find further information about this, however, I truly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to inform us of this so that we may do further research with our vendors as well.
    Thank you again for contacting PETCO, Shannon. If you have any questions or if we can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact us here at the Customer Relations Department at (888) 824-7257 or by responding to this message.
    Have a great day.
    Sincerely, Monique V.
    Customer Relations Coordinator
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!