Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: identity please

Re: identity please

Thats true but to me I can't understand why someone would be informed that feeding them cat food is a bad idea, and still say that it's healthy for them. I just can't. It's a lot cheaper to buy "snake chow" than it is to buy wiskas soft food... junk. Here, those cost 10 dollars, and only have like 30 pieces in them. For 10 dollars I could get 6 pinkies and 3 fuzzies and feed my snakes for a month and a half, I breed night crawlers and have an unlimited supply for free. It's just more sensible to do what's right for your snake. They don't need the extra preservatives and junk that's in CAT food. I can understand something like that for something short term or absolute last resort, or even to see what happens... But as a primary food source, no way.

I read through my post and I might sound mean to some people, but the intention of my posts wasnt to be rude or sound rude. I'm neither trying to be mean or nice in this case, I'm seriously concerned for the well-being of the snake, for obvious reasons. And I just don't understand why someone would make a mistake, be told its a mistake and then continue doing it. I love garter snakes, every one of them and I'd like to see more people take care of theirs properly. When I used to catch garters I thought they ate bugs, thats what my mom told me, so I always tried feeding them bugs. Even with Snakey when I first got him I fed him crickets and grasshoppers. I didn't know any better, but the day I found out they cant and shouldnt ever eat those, I rode my bike 3 miles to the nearest store that carried night crawlers so he could have something better for him to eat. I didn't take any time to "consider" whether I'd rather feed him something he cant eat or feed him something that costs me a lot of money(I have no job, so 10 dollars is a lot ) but anyways. Sorry if I sounded rude, demanding, pissy or anything like that. I just feel major concern.

Banned

Ok, I think everyone has been very civil here. We all agree that cat food is a bad idea. The snake in question is not necessarily going to just up and die because of it and PINJOHN is here asking our advice which is good, and the sign of a concerned and responsible keeper. Same goes for kibakiba when he came to us for advice because his snake wouldn't eat the "bugs" that were offered.

I think that PINJOHN's snake would readily take to trout fish fillets, or any safe fish he can get in his area, and of course, radixes usually love night crawlers too. Good looking out for your garter PINJOHN, and let's look forward to hearing about success with introducing these foods to his rescued radix.

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    I read through my post and I might sound mean to some people, but the intention of my posts wasnt to be rude or sound rude. I'm neither trying to be mean or nice in this case, I'm seriously concerned for the well-being of the snake, for obvious reasons. And I just don't understand why someone would make a mistake, be told its a mistake and then continue doing it. I love garter snakes, every one of them and I'd like to see more people take care of theirs properly. Sorry if I sounded rude, demanding, pissy or anything like that. I just feel major concern.
    Totally understandable. I get a bit "over the top" at times when it comes to seeing animals mistreated, even if it's unintentional. your response is forgivable.

I'm a girl and I didn't come here to see that garters eat worms (though, it was one of the sites i had visited to get more info) but anyways, at least you understand

Banned

Of course I do. Also, if you could do some editing with your profile, I wouldn't look so stupid as to call you a "he".

Remember, if sex is unknown, whether it be a screen name or snake, all are "he" to me until otherwise known.

It helps to know age and sex of the person you are talking to. It really does.

So just to clarify, I am a 40 year old male not far from you.

Haha, indeed. Just like when I called flicker a "he" :P
    I already knew you were a man and an older one, not trying to be offensive, compared to me you could be my dad

Banned

Not offended at all. I am more than a dad. I am a grandfather. My daughter is 21 and recently had her first child.

Nice, I'm an auntie to 10 kids, probably more on the way too. Haha.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Banned

I only have two nieces, I love "to pieces" LoL. One is 17, the other is 6.

Haha My oldest is around 13... I think.. there's so many I cant keep track!
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)