Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping goofs

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: Shipping goofs

Thanks i hope it will go that smooth.
    Bluesirtalis

I guess i will have to wait another day or three before i get my little beauties.
    I had 2 hypo banded water snakes, 5 T-similis 2 florida blue easterns and 1 appilachicola eastern.
    Bluesirtalis

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Can;t wait to see the banded water snake! Love those!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    I guess i will have to wait another day or three before i get my little beauties.
    I had 2 hypo banded water snakes, 5 T-similis 2 florida blue easterns and 1 appilachicola eastern.
    Sounds like the results of about 10 minutes of herping and rustling up WC in Florida. Not that there's anything wrong with WC, I just don't approve of how it's being done down there in FL. It's awful for the animals and buyers alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Sounds like your snakes ended up in the hands of someone knowledgable about reptiles.
    Knowledgeable doesn't mean too much in this situation. When you're prepared for snakes and get turtles, or visa-versa, well... let's just say it's going to be a real P.I.T.A. for the person who expects to recieve snakes and gets turtles. a PITA that is, if he cares to do what it takes to ensure the turtles get proper care. To do it right, one must prepare way in advance to receive aquatic turtles.

If the person expecting turtles has a snake phobia, well that wouldn't be good either because they might have to just sit there in the shipping container the entire time and get shipped again.

I sure hope this all works out in the end and that the animals arrive safe and well at their originally intended destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Sounds like the results of about 10 minutes of herping and rustling up WC in Florida. Not that there's anything wrong with WC, I just don't approve of how it's being done down there in FL. It's awful for the animals and buyers alike.

Knowledgeable doesn't mean too much in this situation. When you're prepared for snakes and get turtles, or visa-versa, well... let's just say it's going to be a real P.I.T.A. for the person who expects to recieve snakes and gets turtles. a PITA that is, if he cares to do what it takes to ensure the turtles get proper care. To do it right, one must prepare way in advance to receive aquatic turtles.

If the person expecting turtles has a snake phobia, well that wouldn't be good either because they might have to just sit there in the shipping container the entire time and get shipped again.

I sure hope this all works out in the end and that the animals arrive safe and well at their originally intended destinations.
    I sure hope it works out too because i was looking forward to the snakes i had some plans for them. I selected those similis for breeding and the apalachicola was selected for breeding. As for taking a bunch of snakes out of the wild i do not agree with, but atleast i knew these were coming to me and would be very well cared for.
    Bluesirtalis

Just wanted to send an update i'm supposed to be getting the snakes in tomorrow. He said since they had been through so much stress with the california thing he wanted to keep them for a couple of days to make sure they were safe and hydrated. I know this guy and have done business with him before so i think it was just a simple mistake.
    Bluesirtalis

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Good, post pics when you get em I want to see the water snakes!

I just got my shipment in and they are awesome!!! Two of the similis are stripeless. I can't wait to breed these guys. I'll try to post pics in a day or so.
    Bluesirtalis

congrats
    looking forward to the pics
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain