Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Snake-safe cleaning methods/plants?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Yuppers. That must be it, Possum avatars are common on these here reptile forums. : )

Hehehe

Sorry Richard, just had to!
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    As long as they're a little less common in my yard, that's just fine with me.
    Ditto. Found a baby under the bush the other day. Well, my dog did. I really don't like 'em all that much, but I let the little guy live

Banned

It's my fault really. I have 4 bird feeders and two squirrel feeders. One of the bird feeders is special just for niger (thistle) seed to attract goldfinches, the rest have black sunflower. The spilled seed attracts possums. They come at night so I don't see them much and they aren't doing any real harm. But now I have another problem. Recently a couple of huge norway rats have decided to take up residence under my shed. They come out in broad daylight to eat the spilled seed. I have professional grade poison packets I placed under the shed. They're too damn smart, they haven't touched it. I'm going to get a commercial bait station, and couple of traps, and try that. Possums, squirrels, dogs, etc. will not be able to get to the poison/traps but I'm not so sure the rats will go for it when they have plenty of sunflower seeds to eat. One things for sure, norway rats are not stupid.

The mouse infestation we have never seems to cease. We've used a lot of different things for them, including glue traps, which I'm against using... But when the mice are crawling IN your bed, with you in it... It just has to stop. The mouse that was the worst was big, loud and smart. It let itself be known, I kid you not. It was crawling on my bed squeaking when I was trying to sleep. It got itself out of every single trap. It took about 3 months for it to finally be killed. I hate mice.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Snake food
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

"Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Virgiana take before and after pix to share.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Hahahahahahaha The possum theme started with my user name (short for Didelphis virginiana). There's an entire photoalbum's worth of potential possum avatars from some of my rescues, some of which are quite frankly terrifying. (Have you SEEN their angry faces?!) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Virgiana take before and after pix to share.
    Will do Hopefully within the next few days!
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by d_virginiana View Post
    some of which are quite frankly terrifying. (Have you SEEN their angry faces?!) lol
    I don't even dare to look. Some people can't stand to look at a spider, or a snake. Well, for me, that's nothing to me compared to... well, you see, I can't even mention it. Just talking about it gives me the willies.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I don't even dare to look. Some people can't stand to look at a spider, or a snake. Well, for me, that's nothing to me compared to... well, you see, I can't even mention it. Just talking about it gives me the willies.
    Yup. More teeth and a wider jaw-span than any other mammal... And no idea that actually using those things for biting instead of playing dead *might* be a more effective defense mechanism.
    With me it's chickens. There's no reason for it, but I just can't stand them.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Chickens are weird looking... But so delicious.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)