Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constipated!

Banned

Re: Constipated!

Sounds too late is she's limp. Smell could indicate rotting food inside due to an impaction.

"Preparing For Second shed" Quibble's Avatar

Gimpie passed away sunday morning. Because of my confusion if it were a blockage or not I called a vet (a small animal and exotics clinic) to ask their opinion. They say it may have been a blockage but not necessarily due to consuming foreign objects. The bedding I had in her cage was that forest ground stuff that you add water to and it expands, they said that stuff is easily passed most of the time. Being that I've had her for a year or so (and never knew her actual age,) and she has always been so abnormally tame, they think it was old age and her organs were just shutting down, causing the swelling and the traces blood while she could still have minimal bowel movements.

I am atrociously guilty for not taking her sooner, but my decision not to is justified, though it doesnt make me feel any better.

On top of all of this, my job is ending this week.

Thank you all for the help, even though I selfishly didnt listen.
    -Beth
    "Do not be angry, Do not worry, Be grateful, Work with diligence, Be kind to people." -Mikao Usui

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Condolences for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Listen to the vets words and don't be so hard on yourself. Perhaps it really was old age and she lived a wonderful life with you.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."