Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running joke...

Re: Running joke...

Help yourself to any of mine, too Tori!

Here's my boss/snake story from last week-- I think I've also told you all how he can't stand snakes, either, so it is my job to torment him. Well, last week on the way in one morning I found a black rat snake in the road that had been hit. :-( I took him to work with me-- he was alert, active, but did have a huge slice in his side and organs were exposed. My other boss was coming in that day, so I wanted him to look at his wounds and see if we could maybe flush him and save him.

However, the snake expired on his own. So, after we all looked at him sadly, it occurred to us to roll him into a circle, prop his head up, and freeze him... in order to torment the other vet. :-) :-)

Two days later, Gary was due in the office. We took snakey out, thawed him a bit, and put him in Gary's inbox with papers covering him. As soon as he walked in, he headed for his inbox-- and jumped back about 3 feet yelling phrases inappropriate for an office settling... LOLOL!!!!! It was AWESOME--- we were all rolling and he was sputtering and it was perfect. :-) He later promised me he'd get me back...

Well, he left to go out of the country. This past Monday when I went in, I opened the fridge to put some blood in it and discovered it had died over the weekend-- and in fact the compresser had been blowing hot air in it! It was 90 in there.. we lost all our meds, vaccines, plasma, colostrum, etc. But the worst part was... I had left the snake back in the freezer.

Yeah.

I ended up cleaning out the freezer in which a snake and several burst bags of colostrum had been cooking all weekend. LOL It was SO NASTY. Gary doesn't even know it yet but he got his revenge!!!!!!
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

I can't imagine having to clean that up. I can only imagine the smell!

My boss is terrified of snakes because of a prank pulled on him by his sister when he was little. He has no desire to overcome it, so I feel free to use it against him. I left him a very good rubber one once, but I wasn't there when he found it. Everyone said he busted a lot of glasses trying to run away from it. I miss all the good stuff!

I am not obsessed.... GartersRock's Avatar

Lol! Funny story!! I totally almost left a dead baby ribbon snake in the bathroom at our church last wednesday! lol!! I was cleaning out those poor momma ribbons bag... And they left a poor baby.
    Amanda Tolleson

Quote Originally Posted by GartersRock View Post
    Lol! Funny story!! I totally almost left a dead baby ribbon snake in the bathroom at our church last wednesday! lol!! I was cleaning out those poor momma ribbons bag... And they left a poor baby.

I had to go back and reference the "possible new ones" thread.

Sad.

Yeah... I was sick having to deal with all that... Everything should be fine now though.
    Amanda Tolleson

YESSS!! I am an old and wise snake!
    Amanda Tolleson