Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Re: Returned the keelback to Petco...

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    I'm not aware of any ban on Lyres in Ca. Current regs allow 2 with a fishing license.
    Wow, then the guy I occasionally speak with in california, possibly, is insane????

or possibly I have the wrong state...
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Quote Originally Posted by MasSalvaje View Post
    by your own rule above and one I am with you on, you must also apply that same title to Thamnophis.

I do, quite often actually
    It would just be extremely redundant to mention it on this forum every time I was speaking concerning them... but when I speak with people in person, at shows or customers in the store, I do inform and explain to people that garter snakes are by the books, rear fanged venomous animals.

I simply HAVE to try and find out where I found the info regarding the death from the Lyre snake bite and in which state they are protected... I know I have it somewhere! Don't you hate it when this stuff happens.... it was some time ago, when I get some real time on my hands, I will try and dig something up. I also met a guy today who is very informed on the laws and is one that enforces them, regularly confisgates reptiles and what not. I might be able to get help on that matter from him!!!
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Hi, I'm New Here!

Re: Indonesian Garters and Petco

I'd like to pick up 1.1 Red-Lipped Hearld snake CB preferbably. Any one with good intel? I'm on the west coast.

And_Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    Wow, then the guy I occasionally speak with in california, possibly, is insane????

am i just confused or do you mean you have to have a ca fishing license to own up to two lyre snakes? i dont see how a fishing license would fall into owning snakes... unless of course these lyre snakes have a season of which to catch them... ive had several fishing licenses here in ca but have never heard of snakes under the category of a trout or bass limit or where youre allowed to fish... might want to contact california fish and game? unless im way off and caught the post at the wrong time... all these posts seem to be jumbled into one lately so i cant tell the difference anymore

"Third shed, A Success" MasSalvaje's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by And_Lyn View Post
    am i just confused or do you mean you have to have a ca fishing license to own up to two lyre snakes? i dont see how a fishing license would fall into owning snakes... unless of course these lyre snakes have a season of which to catch them... ive had several fishing licenses here in ca but have never heard of snakes under the category of a trout or bass limit or where youre allowed to fish... might want to contact california fish and game? unless im way off and caught the post at the wrong time... all these posts seem to be jumbled into one lately so i cant tell the difference anymore
    I am not in Cali so I can't speak specifically for them but most states that require a fishing license to collect do it for a couple of reasons. 1. so they have your information in the system, and 2. to make a few bucks on those people that want to collect. They due have "Bag Limits" just like fish and are usually found in the the Reptile and Amphibian proclamation put out by the DWR/DNR every year.

-Thomas

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by And_Lyn View Post
    I was surprised, too, but if you google california fish and game there's a pamphlet you can read that does indeed list most reptiles and amphibs just like fish. I still think it's odd, but... I guess someone has to govern it?
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanFolsom View Post
    I'd like to pick up 1.1 Red-Lipped Hearld snake CB preferbably. Any one with good intel? I'm on the west coast.
    Dan, first welcome from a neighbor Second, you should probably start a seperate thread for this, but I haven't heard anyone here speaking of any... not to say someone here doesn't keep them... we do have a classified section where you could put a wanted ad. Good luck with your search.
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Loren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post

Or possibly its a county reg. for the county your friend lives in?

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Loren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jitami View Post
    I was surprised, too, but if you google california fish and game there's a pamphlet you can read that does indeed list most reptiles and amphibs just like fish. I still think it's odd, but... I guess someone has to govern it?
    I think thats pretty much what it is, Tami. Its not worth the trouble to make a whole new license for herps, so they throw it under fishing. Still allows for regulation of reptiles and amphibians, and all they had to do is add 3-4 pages to the fishing regs.
    For anyone in Ca. just get a freshwater fishing regulation booklet, either from a sporting goods store, or find it on the Ca. fish and game website.

in PA, I am required to have my fishing liscence on me while herping.