Hi, I'm New Here!

More on our babies

Okay, it's been a while. I'm not only new to snakes as pets, I'm a dinosaur in the age of i-boys (and girls). Thanks to all for info and advice. jitami, had to follow my heart on this one. Let the adults go, as well as four of the little ones. Of the two we kept, one is a voracious feeder. If the other one doesn't eat in a couple of days, we'll let it go as well. Lucy's content to watch and wait. She got to hold a small python the other day at a local exhibition. There are, after all, other things in the life of an acyive four year old. Have a ten gallon tank now; some moss, some earth with worms, some fine gravel, a flat rock and a couple of inverted shells for hides, and a heating pad on one end. No cats. Two other things that may be of interest- firstly, I understand that in Nova Scotia, Canada, where we live, there are five types of common snakes- among them garters, ring-necked and orange-bellied. The original four that we found this spring were all very small (7 to 10 inches) under the same stump. At the time I assumed they were from the same litter. Any thoughts? Secondly, I have been told that it is illegal to keep native species of snakes for pets in Canada. What gives? Am I missing something?

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Re: More on our babies

Glad to hear that you and Lucy worked out a compromise that would work for everyone I still say she's a lucky girl to have such an involved grandpa
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.