Never shed

Guess who's back~

Hey everyone, I'm back on another trip to my favorite snake site~

I recently moved to Minnesota a few months back and it's been one hell of a climate change for me!

I had to move without my pets, but I left them in the care of a reptile breeder friend of mine so I know they are being well looked after. Once it warms up a bit here he's gonna be sending them over to me so I can't wait for that!

But I am in total withdrawls. I miss my noodle and turtles! When I do get my noodle back, I def want to try and breed her. AT least I believe Shiro is a female since a few others had mentioned that she was. So I'm totally on the hunt for another garter to bring home, most likely a male to mate them and start a little side breeding project that I can hopefully turn into a side job and personal collection since I didn't see any breeders in this area.

I kinda want a red color for Shiro to breed with, as I think that would make for some awesome looking morphs~

What are y'all opinions? :>
    Rafael Angel Lopez IV
    Snake nublet

Never shed

Re: Guess who's back~

Also, looking back, I realize I've had Shiro for SEVEN years now! Holy crow time flew! Also, I've never seen her pass any type of eggs, would that be a thing only if she mated and since she's been solo she's never produced any?
    Rafael Angel Lopez IV
    Snake nublet

Nice to see you back on the page.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Never shed

After a little research, I have found out that my Shiro can/should only breed with another checkered snake, the subspecies is marcianus right? And from what I understand there is pastel and granite colors also available besides the normal and albino? I think a normal would be the easiest for me to acquire right now. I really can't wait to get her back, I'm itching to get a snake into my home again so I may try and purchase a normal checkered male to wait on her arrival D:
    Rafael Angel Lopez IV
    Snake nublet

"Third shed In Progress"

Welcome back, unfortunately there's no red morphs for the checkered garter, as you said theres granite, pastel, super pastels and albinos around, but that's it. For such a common garter they don't have very many morphs. Still awesome snakes, even just their normal look is very visually appealing.

You should be able to fine plenty of normal checkereds in a few months from now, breeding season is about to start for a lot of keepers.