Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by paperfeathers View Post
    The male shed this morning so the rest should be shedding soon too. They ate some guppies today but I will pick up a small pinky to feed the females for next time.
    That's amazing news and means they are growing. Congrats paper! The addition of the mice into the diet will compliment their health and help them to grow also. That's mostly what they were getting here.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Never shed

Fed them pinky mice bits and the females ate it no problem but the male refused, gonna try to get him to eat tomorrow. The female w the hurt tail shed and the wound is totally gone, also shes the fattest of all three of them so i think shes doing fine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paperfeathers View Post
    Fed them pinky mice bits and the females ate it no problem but the male refused, gonna try to get him to eat tomorrow. The female w the hurt tail shed and the wound is totally gone, also shes the fattest of all three of them so i think shes doing fine lol.
    Fantastic. What I would do when I had them here was place the food into a small to mid sized bottle cap using it as a plate. Put the cut up pink parts into the bottle cap which was prescented with fish or mixed with smaller amounts of fish and offered that way. I am so glad the female healed up well. She will probably turn out to be large and healthy like her mom. Males can usually be more picky than females. He'll be fine. Just offer food every 3 days. Nice job paper!

How are you enjoying the albino checkereds?

Never shed

Got the male to eat yesterday FINALLY. All of them have shed and are a lot more active now. The second female was having some trouble with stuck shed but i fixed it by upping the humidity. Otherwise they have been perfectly fine.

Great! Always nice to get good news. I actually had 5 of their brothers and sisters in a 5 gallon tank all with shedding issues. I moved them all to individual tubs and cured the issue. Most of these guys and gals are on day old pink mice. I can really see the growth in them now. Gonna have to advertise them as "well started" albino checkereds soon and raise the price. Lol. Just a little increase.