Question about pre-shedding behavior

Now I'm pretty sure it varies a little snake to snake but i was wondering how long before they shed will they be shy and stay hidden most of the time? Ekoh has been in either her hot hide or cool hide like 90% of the past 2-3 days now, all she does is stick her head out a bit from the hides or when she goes from one to the other,or eating, or to poop in her water dish. Now her eyes have not blued yet and she won't go into her moist hide either. Does this sound like pre-shedding behavior or maybe she just wants to be left alone?

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: Question about pre-shedding behavior

All snakes will get blue eyes and dull skin before shedding. That will all go back to normal after a few days, and they shed shortly after that.

Mine don't act any different. They'll probably hide during the blue eyes though.

Also I'm going to take this moment to randomly brag once again, that in three years, my snakes have crapped their water dish only once.

Also I'm going to take this moment to randomly brag once again, that in three years, my snakes have crapped their water dish only once.
    lucky ******* lol
    im changing it usually 2 times a day. i walked in to look in the tank she looked at me lifted her tail and pooped in the water while staring at me.

i know the eyes go blue but i have yet to see that but like i said she is just hiding a lot more than normal, no climbing in the fake vines i got her, no sunning under her lamp. the temp right under the is right around 80o F it does change much through the day. Now the humidity i dont know but the room with a temp and humidity reader says its 51%, but i think i will stick it in the tank and see what it says.

updat i put in the digital humidity and temp reader on the hot side it goes between 84F and 85F and 42% humidity the cool side is probably 78F idk about the humidity yet.

so the eyes go blue then clear before the actual shedding? i'm a new garter snake owner and i seen the eyes cloud over but the next day they were clear again