Thread: Warm up time

"First shed In Progress"

Warm up time

l've just started to warm up all my adult Garters,Waters, Ribbons,Milks,King,and corn snakes,l usually take about three weeks to get them back to temp'before l start to feed,its usually a four month winter,do's anybody else use the same months and routines?
    Steven

Never shed

Re: Warm up time

I didn't cool my garter; but my adult corns I stopped feeding beginning of December, shut down heat mid-december, and I will start feeding them again March 1st. So about a 3 month winter for them. The thing different than you is that I am thinking of only giving them a week of heat before that first feed..should I turn on heat sooner?

For this brumation I started with a week and a half of cool down. They were under for close to 2.5months with temps ranging from 6-11C over the period. I warmed them back up over about 10days and offered food at the next scheduled feeding session. All but two took a small meal at that attempt and all but one are now fully back on food.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

A week ago I put my little one in brumation at 13C after two and a half months of not eating.

Should I wait for the weather to warm up and let her to decide when to emerge or should I take her out in a months time and warm her back up myself?
    Will

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

Look forward to seeing photo's of them all Steven!
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu