I took a call today from a lady here in Salt Lake City while at work....came in as an exotic animal call (my fave!!!!) said she had a diamondback rattler contained in a pillowcase. first of all, we only have great basin rattlers in this area, and no diamondbacks in Utah....so I called her. she was adamont it was one...so I explained to her we didn't have them, possibly could have been a rattler. it's not common for them to get as far into town as she lives, but not impossible. there is a large horse pasture right next to her place. I said it could be a gopher snake. she said no way was it a garter, she knew them. I said I had to pick up a dog and would be there in about a half an hour. I arrived and took a peek in the pillowcase....dark purple, kinda hard to see....as I opened it up further....I found her "diamondback" crawling on the bottom of the pillowcase.... here's her diamondback.....

hehehe......I said it was a baby garter!!! her daughter said You lose!!!!! LOL!!!! cute little girl!!! I love her pattern and light gray color!!!!! she got a great new home!!!!!

and another top shot of her pattern..love the little bars on the neck!!!! this photo turned out unique too.....she was flicking her tongue out when I took the shot....from this angle it looks like she has a mustache!!!!!!!