Hello, I'm new here and to Snakes in general. I've owned reptiles before(Back when I was kid) and they never really worked out well because myself and my parents weren't too knowledgeable on the subject. However, this time I've done the research and hopefully have done things properly, and so far my new Garter seems to be doing quite well.

I've owned him for maybe a month or so, and he generally eats well and has just finished shedding(Happened in a couple pieces, but much better than the shed he was going through when I bought him). I bought him(Or her, still not quite sure) from Petco, which I know isn't too smart, but I don't really know anywhere else I could get one around here. He was sold to me as an Indonesian, though I don't really know, and at the moment he's about a foot and half. He's pretty active, explores his enclosure alot, and doesn't seem too bothered by me when I handle him, in fact, I found out fairly quickly that while he won't eat from my hand, he'll eat while I'm holding him, so I don't think he's too worried about me.

That's about all I can think of to say, but so far this forum has given quite a bit of information about how to go about some of this stuff and I look forward to any advice I can get, and in the future, give.