I'm sorry, i am a traitor! I have been browsing other reptile forums. During this time i have come across an article about the RSPCA. that they have just been showing up at animal owners homes just to look at the state of the enclosures. Apparently a few people have had their animals removed and not returned by the RSPCA, unjustly and illegally. This is the post as i saw it.

"This is a warning to all animal keepers, wether it be herps or mammals,

The RSPCA are going around and Knocking on doors of peoplewho own animals, They are saying that they are advising people on the changes of the Animal Welfare Bill, in particular about sizes of cages/tanks,

I have put this up as i have been speaking to friends of mine who had a visit from the RSPCA today, who has told them that all of there cages for their gerbils and rats are inadequate, The inspector told them the required size of a cage should be 60x36x24 for upto 6 rats and have to have toys/wood to chew in them, and the lab/breeding cages are inadequate. before leaving the inspector told them that he will be back in 30 days to see if they have started to change the cages and if no changes have been made, they would go to jail,

My friends are an old couple and have over 20 years experience keeping/breeding rodent and herp, They are both concerned about this and are panicky as they are on a low income,

I have spoken to Wohic and Nerys about this and have reassured them that they have nothing to worry about as Nerys has given me the following link which is very useful and imformative,

The Shg for Farmers, Pet Owners and Others Experiencing Difficulties with the RSPCA"

i don't know how honest this statement is so if you have anything to add to this then please help yourself. we all know haw rediculess this is so please just constructive replies and not just moaning. Thanks Lulu xxx