Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Thread

small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

R.I.P Thread

I dont know why this happens and a lot of times we dont kow the reasonings but I thought that maybe we can have a thread in rememberance of our snakie friends. Weither they were with us for just a short time or a long time they put an impression on our lives. I wish that I didnt have to say this but I have 1. Some time last night to early this morning the 3rd little one that I decided to keep passed away. I dont know why this happen and I know that sometimes things like this do happen without cause or there is a cause but we dont know. I was getting ready to feedt hem and I took one out and put it in the feeding tank and then went searching for another. I found her towards the back of the tank and I saw that she wasnt a live anymore and started to tear up. Since she looks kinda like pozer I was really wondering and I picked up the one I had already put in the tank to see who it was and Pozer looks at me upside down like she always greets me and I was relieved to know it wasnt her. But I was still saddend by the loss. I took the others out and looked them over and fed them. the all ate except for the few that werent hungry today. They all have different schedules so I have to keep up with all of them. After feeding them I took the little girl that we hadnt named yet and I looked her over better and noticed that she looked normal other then I noticed something that wasnt there at all yesterday. I saw that she had what looked like a greenish circl on her belly. I wouldnt taken a pic but I forgot .The greenish circle was the same with as her belly. I took her out and burried her beside my house. If you all need I can take her back out and take a pic so maybe answers can answered. I can still still the spot in my head. I am wondering that maybe it was something that mightve been a blockage and I wasnt aware. I felt them like wht was told about in another thread and I felt nothing. Any suggestions?
    Well anyway I thought that maybe I waould start this to say something and pics of the ones that are missed greatly. Even though she wasnt around long I grew attached to her. such a cut little personality she had. She will be missed.

R.I.P. Little one July 29,2011-September 22,2011
    You will be missed

I wanted to Thank you Steve for your help with the heating pad.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

Re: R.I.P Thread

sorry for your loss.

small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

Thank you. Its amazing that even when there there not around for long how much of an inpact that they can give. She was awesome and I wish I could figure out what took her from me so maybe I can prevent in with the others. I know that sometimes things just happen but it is still very hard. She will be missed.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

SCOUSER

Sorry to hear your sad news, it really is confusing when things like this happen,
    that little fella in the photo looked perfectly healthy, although we provide a safe environment for them, safety from predators, regular food, treatment for any obvious health problems, it seem that nature still does a certain amount of selection as to who will live and who wont.
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Sorry for your loss
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

In my post I said that there was a very noticable green circle on her belly that wasnt there last night. I check my snakes everyday when I am holding them and that wasnt there. It was the same width as her belly and It wasnt green all like a circled filled in. It was like green "O" where just the shape was green and in the middle was the same color as her belly. I just dont know what that was. I am sure it could possible be nothing but i hadnt seen anyhting like it before. Maybe I will see if I can find it online if I know where to stast and If I find it i will let you all know. Thank you for your support.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Sorry for your losses. I always hate to hear stories like these unexplained deaths and lots of babies die from failure to thrive each year, but this green ring has me puzzled i have never seen anything like that.
    Bluesirtalis

I hate to do this but I am going to dig her back up and take a pic. I dont know wwhat it is also and it confuses me also.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Sorry to hear you lost one. You're right, they don't have to be around long before you get attached. I hope this thread doesn't get too long too quickly.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Sorry for your loss.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla