Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

January 2010 Photo & Caption Comments Thread

Comments about this month's photo and caption contest get posted here, so that we keep the contest threads free of clutter.

Before submitting any pictures, please read the rules.

Re: January 2010 Photo & Caption Comments Thread

Jeff, that's almost exactly the idea, except you can't photo shop it - you have to build the actual model of NYC, put your snakes in it, and photograph it
    the good news is that you have a couple more weeks to do it, and it already looks great
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drache View Post
    Jeff, that's almost exactly the idea, except you can't photo shop it - you have to build the actual model of NYC, put your snakes in it, and photograph it
    the good news is that you have a couple more weeks to do it, and it already looks great
    awwwe, I liked his entry too.... This is a really cool idea for the photo contest, but if users are not allowed to use photoshop I doubt we will see much of a turnout in participation, simply because I don't think a lot of people will want to spend the time required to setup a scene. I was all prepared to photoshop it up! If I get some down time, I will surely give this some thought on what I could pull out of my closet to take some pics with
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

We might as well rename the contest then, if it's not going to be about photography. Maybe cancel the caption contest while we're at it, it's pretty redundant.

perhaps for this month we could have a third contest for the photo shop crowd? or fold it into the captions thread?
    I do really like that image, but the photo contest should stay within certain parameters
    remember when we had the garter with water theme and James created this image that was just like in a natural setting, but he staged it all - very cool
    remember - it doesn't have to look real - hokey is okay - just as long as it makes your garter look gigantic
    a couple of years back a member had photographed her/his garter in a lego set-up . . .
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

If its any consolation those are taken from actual photos of my personal snakes that I took pictures of.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Jeff, I love it... I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not as talented at photo shop & it would take me forever... guess I could go steal one of the neighbor kids' doll house... yeah, and one of MY snakes would pose on it... sure... lol
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by drache View Post
    perhaps for this month we could have a third contest for the photo shop crowd? or fold it into the captions thread?
    I do really like that image, but the photo contest should stay within certain parameters
    remember when we had the garter with water theme and James created this image that was just like in a natural setting, but he staged it all - very cool
    remember - it doesn't have to look real - hokey is okay - just as long as it makes your garter look gigantic
    a couple of years back a member had photographed her/his garter in a lego set-up . . .
    dangit thats somewhat my idea! I REAALY HOPE NOONE TAKES MINE....but i dont want to say it...my idea
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

okay
    because I know this is a tough theme, and I can't enter, I thought I'd make a quickie attempt for an example - disclaimers and all.
    my camara is being repaired, and this is my cell phone
    I really didn't set it up; it so happened that Mikhaila was playing with this lego set. I did not do anything with the background, and the lighting is just what there is - a mix of window and ceiling light. Sammy just wouldn't open her mouth either, and I just didn't want to go through the trouble of thawing a food item, although . . . if I was a contestant, it might be worth attending to some of that
    anyway - here goes:

I expect somebody could come up with something at least as good as this - Mikhaila wouldn't let me wreak any real havoc and destruction either . . .
    rhea

Banned

I favor the idea of making photoshop and real props both qualify. It's still some effort to do photo edit than it is to come up with decent props. I like the real prop idea but so many snakes, so little props in the house.