Thread: Testing Section

Testing Section

I was thinking that maybe you guys could add a section specifically for testing features of this forum. I know that faunaclassifieds.com has one. Basically if a user was unsure if something would work, they could create posts to test it out in the testing section. You guys can see what I mean below.

Fauna Classifieds Testing Section

Would this be possible?
    -Greg
    1.1T.s. concinnus, 1.1 T.s. parietalis, 1.0 T.s. semifasciatus, 0.1 T. radix
    "Garters are predictable. Predictably variable" - Neil Balchan

Re: Testing Section

Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?
    -Greg

Banned

I suppose it is but I don't know if enough testing is done to warrant it. I've seen just a few test posts done but they just used this thread: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gart...t-shh-shh.html

I'd think so, it would sure help people out who don't quite know how to use the forum.
    -Greg

I don't think it's 100% necessary. Forum issues and changes are usually announced and dealt with through Site Feedback, Suggestions & Questions there are some stickies on regular problems and it's not a major part of the forum. I think what we have already is perfectly adequate. Anyway, forum members are more than happy to assist and educate others with problems relating to forum format. The only thing I would think to add would be extra stickies if they apply. Or a single summary sticky covering a list of issues.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Ok
    -Greg

Banned

I think you just made one. If anyone's looking for a "testing section" they're going to find this thread.

I need to test something right now. I'll do it here.

Yeah, that's what I thought. "Insert Image" button worked once. Then I tried to use "insert video" but it won't work. the "OK" button does nothing. Then I tried to use insert image again, same thing. "OK" button does nothing and it doesn't work.

Back to typing [IMG] and [VIDEO] manually a dozen times a day.

It's as if the dialogue box doesn't recognize that you've typed a URL in the box. The only thing it responds to is "cancel". Won't let you press "OK"